Beardie is glass dancing badly and not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
I made a vet appointment for Tuesday, it’s the earliest they can see her but I’m freaking out right now.
She won’t eat and has barely eaten for almost two weeks now. Occasionally she will eat a little bit of arugula and a super worm or two but hasn’t the past few days. I thought she just wanted other feeders so I got 4 different kinds and she still isn’t interested. She glass dances and freaks out as soon as I put her back in her tank and have to leave to go somewhere. Her colors are bright and happy, no black beard or stress marks. She pooped in her tank twice and she literally never does that. She always poops in the bath.
She’s very active and running around the house a bunch.
She’s 2 years old.
She’s in a 40 gal till her new tank arrives in the mail. It’s 80 on the cold side and 95 in her basking area. She has a repti sun 10.0 t5 uvb.

Could she be about to lay?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It depends on the hole of the screen it its a fine mesh it should be on the inside --- even tho its a stronger bulb that fine mesh is still gonna block out the rays unless its really close to her / him- it should be around 10-11 inches from the basking spot--
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, those are classic signs of needing to lay and you don't really need a vet. You wouldn't believe how often they don't even know if a dragon is carrying eggs. :?

Set up a lay box and put her in for several hours a day. A female may act in quite a frantic manner at egg laying time but it's normal. Here's a video [ not mine ] of how to set up a good laybox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNwqHsV7peE

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
AHBD":2jt2de7l said:
Hi there, those are classic signs of needing to lay and you don't really need a vet. You wouldn't believe how often they don't even know if a dragon is carrying eggs. :?

Set up a lay box and put her in for several hours a day. A female may act in quite a frantic manner at egg laying time but it's normal. Here's a video [ not mine ] of how to set up a good laybox.

Completely agree was going to post the exact thing. So here's a x2 to this advice.

-Brandon

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She just pooped only urate with some goo. Is that also apart of it?

AHBD":31bv8zte said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom