Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
@ajmac--- sounds like you need to get a bigger hide for your dragon
Karrie

AjMac

Jabba is SO attached to his bark and his rock that if I even move them to clean he gets upset and pouts. For a little guy he's got big attitude. I can't imagine if I took his rock away to give him something bigger. He'd pout for a week.

AjMac

He hides under his rock sometimes, but other than that, he doesn't. I have been reading some since coming here and plan to get him one.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes please do and get one big enough for him to grow into ---petsmart has some nice hides on their website and in the stores
Karrie

Hi! I just recently got my new beardie as well so I know all about the freaking out thing going on! You need this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AQU8F2O/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 And then of course a 10.0 uvb t5 bulb that goes with it! I’m getting mine on Thursday (payday) lol! The pet store gave us the same exact bulbs as you, to a T! And I don’t feel it’s warm enough in there unless I use a heat emitter 100 watt and the basking bulb, which I exchanged my 75watt bulb for the same exact brand of 100watt you got lol! Make sure you spray him or her once a day! Mist him or her! And I’ve been having to feed my bearded dragon diff stuff each day and he will jump on his perch and not eat so I have to rep taking him down and putting him near the crickets and then he will eat one or two then jump back up, so I have to keep taking him/her down again! Lots of patience. Also, I read someplace online that it is normal for your bearded dragon to be stressed with relocation and sometimes they don’t eat much for the first week! But all these fine people are helping you out, def listen to their advice! That’s what I’ve been doing and I feel
My dragon is doing very well I’m quite happy! Cute cute cute little dragon you have wow! Congrats!
P.s. def make sure it’s warm enough and cool enough at night apparently these guys are very specific and if you think there is something wrong with it don’t wait, the pet store should have a health guarantee for a certain amount of time right? And they will sent to the vet I do believe! (Petco was going to pay for
My guinea pigs I bought from them)

ZionDagger

Original Poster
OMG! I m finally back ? It took me a little bit to get back because I logged myself out and I couldn’t figure out my password. Then I couldn’t reset it for some odd reason. Anyway... Dagger is growing like a weed and has shed 3 times since I got him and he seems to be healthy BUT 2 days ago he started hiding under his log. He eat and seem to be fine today but want to know why he did that and should I take him to the vet?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How old is he now and has he stopped eating? Could be signs of brumation--- did you get the UVB changed out to a Reptisun tube? And where is it in the tank ?
Karrie

ZionDagger

Original Poster
He is 9 month old and I got him the 10 uvb t5 24w and he continued eating. I will continue observing him. Also, I have been feeling him greens, mangos, some crickets to keep him moving and 2-3 super worms a day. Is that too much or not enough?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Feed him as many crickets as he will eat in 10-15 min-- how's his poop been? You might try some dubias and he should not be going into brumation- he seems to young-- it's possible he could have parasites-- his poop been real stinky?
Karrie

ZionDagger

Original Poster
My husband won’t nothing in the house that has to do with the word “roaches” and I have to respect that. His poop was stinky a while back but now it’s black? Should I get him checked out?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What are his basking temps? How are you taking them? I would call your reptile vet ask if you can drop off a fecal for testing of parasites? Go from there--- was there any white in poop-- is he hydrated?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He's dehydrated--- I would offer him water off the top of his nose see if he licks it off and put him in the bath - make sure if he starts drinking he's not gulping it down - are you gutloading crickets? Feed the crickets carrots that will hydrate them but I would start washing greens before serving as well
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Tanja, do you have updated pics of Dee ? I was also wondering if you have definitely identified his gender. BTW, pet stores call a dragon " fancy " if it has very pretty colors or is a leatherback usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom