Growth on Beardie’s Tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.

erlabella

My beardie has a weird growth on the side of her tongue. I have not been able to get a picture of it yet, sorry. It’s about 5mm in diameter and has tiny red dots all over it. She still acts normal and eats, but I’m worried about her. Should I get her checked?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, is she still eating normally? Since she is still acting normally, you could probably
put it off a bit, but most of the time, growths will eventually flare up, get infected & start to bother
them when they eat.
Do you have a vet you could get her into soon? You definitely don't want it to get infected. It
sounds like she may have bitten it & the growth is just the fleshy part of the tongue that got
damaged? Or, is it like a wart, mole or tumor? Is it hard or soft?

Tracie

erlabella

Original Poster
Yes she still eats normally. There is a veterinary clinic I can get her to. They’re not herp vets but they’re experienced in reptiles. Which is better than nothing. It looks like a raised bump, same color as her tongue. But with red like dots all over it, as I mentioned. Currently trying to get a better look at it and a picture. I’ll keep you updated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that she is still eating well. How long has that bump been there? It looks like maybe swelling from an injury but if it's growing or if it has been there for more than a few days it may be worth bringing her into the vet to have a tissue sample tested for anything malicious.

erlabella

Original Poster
I don’t know exactly when it appeared but it was atleast more than a week ago. It was smaller back then and I didn’t think much of it. I can get her to the vet tomorrow, as they’re closed for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom