Our baby Druk

Status
Not open for further replies.

lin66

My daughter got a 5 week old baby Beardie 3 weeks ago (now 8 weeks old) and he is adorable, if a bit shy. She picked the smallest of the clutch and the owner had to drag him from hiding. She has called him Druk (which I'm told means thunder dragon). Because my daughter is only 12 years old I will be heavily involved with his care for the next couple of years. I have to say that she is really good with him - confident and gentle. I have concerns with his eating (or lack of eating) but I'll post them on the feeding section.
104321-8770840517.jpg
104321-4070383660.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum--- please post pics of your babies lighting and tank --- where did you get Druk from may I ask? And yes mom you are most likely going to haft to be involved in this -- I must say bearded dragons are not a childs pet sorry to say they are more complex and care is very important in order for them to survive-- you can post pics by going to top of this page in the banner click on User Image Uploader- click on it down load pics - click on reply - on top of message box click on XIMG and your pics should post - wait for page to refresh and see if they posted
Karrie

lin66

Original Poster
Hi Karrie

You've been helping me in the feeding section for which I am very grateful!

I've posted pic of tank on there but I'll post it here too. Druk is hiding under the right side log but all you can see is a blur :)

104321-5293714823.jpg

lin66

Original Poster
Sorry I should have said: we got him from a lady who has had a Beardie for years. She recently took in an additional pair of adults not realizing the female was pregnant. Apparently she could have up to 2 years of hatchlings!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so hes probably got relocation stress --- so that could be one of the problems --- what kind of UVB can you look on the bulb and tell me what brand it is --- and how far away is the UVB from him -- ?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom