Hi..I'm Fred!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredH

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but definitely not to this site! We did alot of research before getting 'Fred' and for the past 6 months (he/she is 7 months), this site has been our saving grace! Lol!
We built the enclosure and set everything up before finding our newest family member. It has been so much fun to watch our little buddy grow.
I wanted to join, rather than just keep reading, to see if someone might be able to help assist in figuring out if Fred is a male/female. Now, I've read a bunch and watched a ton of videos, but when reading on this site it does say that 'sometimes' parts are not as prominent on some beardies.
I think I might know what Fred is...(a name I chose 4 years ago) :)
Can anyone help?

P.S. where is the pic attach? Lol

Thanks so much!

D-

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum Fred---- he looks good and healthy and its great you did all that research before getting Fred-- if you could post pics of his behind underneath to see if we can either see two bumps or flat surface would be great--- :D
Karrie

FredH

Original Poster
Hi Karrie,

Thanks so much! I was fortunately able to get a good shot to attach/send.
I took a couple of pics of the enclosure we built, as well. It makes as a bonsai tree shelf, up top, and supplies, behind double-doors down below. :)

Tks,

D-
104369-456361073.jpg
104369-1195497276.jpg
104369-2688734336.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What a beautiful enclosure for him/ her-- I am wondering where the UVB is? And we dont often recommend water falls in enclosures as they can cause Respiratory Infections- dragons are a dry climate and water falls are more for tropical -- but getting back to the UVB I think I see it running across the top am I correct? And it looks like he/ she can get pretty close under it too -- as far as M/F -- I am not quite sure but it looks like he is a he--- some others would need to weigh in on this --
Karrie

FredH

Original Poster
Hi,

Yes, UVB runs along the top, back of the enclosure.
On the fountain, we only put this in there because I read they prefer running water to standing water (in a bowl), but definitely do not want to have anything that could cause any, possible, harm to our baby.
Thank you for the information! ?

And, thank you for your insight on sexing as well. It's not very prominent like I've seen in others...but each one is different. ?

Tks,

D-

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hmm fred is looking like a fredina to me lol. Could we get one more pic of the vent like that to verify?

-Brandon

FredH

Original Poster
Hi Brandon,

Lol! Fred doesn't like his/her butt lifted but I was able to get these 2 quick pics to add. :)

Thank you,

D-

104369-4056295417.jpg
104369-9100385392.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so maybe Fred is a she-- smooth surface-- other pic looked like it was 2 bumps---
Karrie

FredH

Original Poster
Well, I guess it's true when they say, lighting is everything...:) lol!
Thank you both for your help/comments on Fred...??

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Definitely a Fredina :mrgreen: Haha

Of course she doesn't like her tail lifted, she's a lady after all! That's not very lady like LOL.

-Brandon

FredH

Original Poster
Haha!?
That's awesome! Well, then I can see why she wouldn't want her butt in the air! Lol! Thanks so much ?

D-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom