Help! My bearded dragon isn’t shedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Hello I was wondering if it is normal My bearded dragon is 5 months old and has not shed an part of his body in over a month. I don’t know what could be wrong with him. His tank is 105 cool side 80. I feed him crickets with calcium every other day and multivitamin three times a week and I give him a salad every other day. Idk what’s wrong with him

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Janey, beardies shed less frequently as they get older, nothing at all to worry about. They also shed in very unusual stages so don't be surprised if pert sheds while others don't.

Janeyjet

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
How often do 7 mont beardies shed? He does not seem to be getting ready to shed at all

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
All depends on how fast he is growing. Sometimes they go through growth spurts and don't grow for a bit, and sometimes they grow slow and steady.

How long is your 7 mo and how much does he weigh?

Their growth is also largely affected by proper husbandry and diet.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What I meant by proper husbandry was mainly in reference to your lighting and heat set up.

At 17 inches and nearly 300g hes definitely close to reaching his adult size. So it would be very common for him to not be shedding as much as he used to since hes not going to growing much more most likely.

So, I'd say you have nothing to worry about in regards to him shedding :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom