How do your beardies sleep? (when with you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I want to hear some cute stories about how beardies act(particularly sleep,) when out of thrir tank.
Basically, my 3-month-old baby is out of his tank for the first time. Popcorn decided the best thing to do would be to crawl into my pyjama sleeve, curl up, and go to sleep. Very cute!
However, I now can't move my arm, due to tiny sleepy beardie, and typing one-handed takes ages. Anyway, what are some other adorable stories?

104125-4960647542.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Generally they seek out cozy dark places where they feel warm and protected. A sleeve is a pretty popular option. When one of my guys was a baby he used to climb up to the top of my chest with his nose at my neck and fell asleep. My current guy doesn't really snuggle much with people but he'll find a corner and dock his nose with the corner of the wall and curl up to sleep. The image in my signature is Dundee sleeping on a game system underneath a shelf which was one of his favorite cozy spots in the house.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Cleo never seeks out a dark place , she'll go off to sleep as high as she can get on "her" piece of gumtree bark , or ontop the fake rock grotto.

Caesar likes to sleep on the warmed tile infront of or beside the fake hollow 1/2 log , and sometimes he'll go off to sleep standing up against side wall or in back corner in the cool zone of the rearing tub.

Peppa nearly always slept ontop her jumbo sized hubbahut.

Rex liked to go under his jumbo sized hubbahut and push the paper towels up to block the "entries" .

Puff liked to sleep under his jumbo sized hubbahut but always with his head poking out.

Toothless was like Rex only he'd drag the paper towels in with him in his mouth and used them like a blanket.

Don't get me started on how my skinks sleep. Very funny positions.

On me - my habit is to get them really relaxed on my tummy and lift the front of my t-shirt over them so only their head is not covered.

Aquilist

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":21u8lcy8 said:
Cleo never seeks out a dark place , she'll go off to sleep as high as she can get on "her" piece of gumtree bark , or ontop the fake rock grotto.

Caesar likes to sleep on the warmed tile infront of or beside the fake hollow 1/2 log , and sometimes he'll go off to sleep standing up against side wall or in back corner in the cool zone of the rearing tub.

Peppa nearly always slept ontop her jumbo sized hubbahut.

Rex liked to go under his jumbo sized hubbahut and push the paper towels up to block the "entries" .

Puff liked to sleep under his jumbo sized hubbahut but always with his head poking out.

Toothless was like Rex only he'd drag the paper towels in with him in his mouth and used them like a blanket.

Don't get me started on how my skinks sleep. Very funny positions.

On me - my habit is to get them really relaxed on my tummy and lift the front of my t-shirt over them so only their head is not covered.

How many bearded dragons do you have?!?!
Never enough!

Tayraye

Usually I'll bring Falcor to bed for some night time snuggles, but he won't fall asleep until he's laying right on me. :,)

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Only 4 nights at home so far, but Mario has slept:
-Splayed out on his basking rock
-Under the long branch that leads to his rock
-Twice right atop the "tree", about 8" under the 60w CHE

Gotta explore all the options!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Many, Many odd sleeping positions.

But here's a few odd ones I've photographed over the years. Well at least the ones I uploaded here. I have a huge folder on my phone purely dedicated to all the odd positions I see my dragons do but am too lazy to go through the troubles of posting.
View media item 60606View media item 61119View media item 60410 Sleepy gecko!
View media item 61081View media item 60630View media item 61091View media item 60856View media item 60959View media item 60986View media item 60936View media item 60844View media item 60532View media item 60547View media item 60397 Sleeping in the xmas tree.
View media item 60376 Ouch.
View media item 60923
Sorry for the pic dump lol!

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
:lol: Those are amazing! Good on ya for keeping a log of those!

107433-2255699593.jpg

He cracked an eye for this one, but it's a new spot!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Thanks! Lol, I Always try to snap a pic of any odd sleeping positions they often put themselves in.

And aww, so tiny!!!

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
107433-1629464534.jpg

This is literally the highest Mario can get! He was there when the lights went off and I thought, there's no way he's gonna sleep like that... surely he'll move...

I guess he proved me wrong! Was in the exact same spot this morning! :p

Drach likes to climb onto my shoulder when I sit on the couch so he can look out the window. He usually passes out up there after a few minutes; he must dream of eating, because I'll get the occasional lick on my neck ?
My new baby Monkey, who I've only had for 24 hours now, napped during on the log about 2 inches from the ceramic heater, and apparently slept overnight on the side of the water bowl with toes IN the water lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom