Feeding beardeds fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking of giving my beardie a fish as a treat but i know you have to be careful with it. The beardie is about 8 months old and 17 inches long and i'm thinking of feeding him an extremely tiny less than an inch long guppy. Thoughts? because i've heard this could be dangerous
EDIT: he didn't want it so nevermind

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Colbycheese":1owfi07q said:
Fish are friends, not food after all
Indeed, has finding nemo not taught us that enough? :lol:

But Being a guppy and beardie owner myself I honestly would highly advise against feeding a Beardie something like that though. There would be risk of choking, risk of infection, and risk of parasites especially.

To treat them I'd say give them some banana or a nice hornworm. They'll love that much much more, trust me. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I know for a fact eastern water skinks and eastern water dragons like to catch small fish in the wild (and will do the same in there tanks if they have small aquarium in one end of their tank stocked with small fish and small shrimp, they like shrimp too).

I've seen wild water skinks and water dragons dive and come up with a small shrimp or fish in their jaws that are promptly bashed up / softened and then chewed and eaten.

I don't see any issue with offering small fresh uncooked fish to a bearded dragon. Excellent source of vitamins and calcium and protein.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hm, Interesting, But what if the fish was carrying any diseases? Would that possibly transfer to the Beardie? And would you feed it whole? Otherwise, I think it would be difficult to make a filet out of a guppy. Lol

I still just on the cautious side of things say not to, but whatever floats your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom