Bindi laid a bunch of eggs! *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastella

It has been an interesting time with my rescue beardie Bindi. The first months after rescuing her from extreme neglect and improper care I thought she was a male. Upon a having a vet check she was confirmed female. There was great concern that if she became gravid that she might not be able to lay her eggs due to a badly broken tail and other deformities caused by improper lighting.

Recently she became very restless, pacing in her enclosure and tons of glass surfing. I thought it was because she was "looking for a man". She ended up becoming extremely lethargic suddenly but was eating & pooping still. I took her to the vet to be safe and she was put on a daily dose of Metacam thinking she injured herself. She was on that for a week and it helped right away. After that she started digging. LOTS. To the point some of her nails were becoming so short I was worried they could bleed. The vet had said she didn't feel eggs during exam, but all her behavior indicated she was gravid (plus I had read you cannot always feel the eggs).

I went to my local Home Depot and bought 50lbs of Play Sand. Couldn't really fit a lay box in her enclosure so I would move her into a large plastic bin with a heat lamp overhead. She would be in that all day digging until I put her back in her enclosure to sleep.
99932-8027910473.jpg
99932-4155745478.jpg

I was starting to get worried because it had been 2 days of digging all day in her lay bin with no results. Thankfully this morning I woke up to find 18 eggs beneath her. For the record I've had her since June of last year and she has always been alone so they are definitely infertile. She decided to lay them in her hammock during the night. They seem a bit weird though? Covered in chalky hard stuff? Some spots aren't at all and others have significant buildup of it. They are orange as well. Don't know if all of this is normal for infertile eggs?
99932-4119703868.jpg

She is going to get loads of food, extra calcium and spoiling :D She also laid two more in her enclosure today, so the count is up to 20!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Wow poor girl but at least she now can rest-- and yes she will need lots of calcium after all that --- and all the loving she can get---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom