Greeting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chisox72

104214-6120771505.jpg
104214-9468816034.jpg
104214-4749366832.jpg
We are new to owning a beardie. We bought our Eliot from a lady who said he was left in an apartment where the tenants had just moved out. Poor guy has part of his tail missing, he was sooo skinny. He is finally gaining weight. Can anyone tell me what kind of dragon he is? Also, any ideas on how to get him to eat his greens better? Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum and thank you for rescuing the poor guy / gal---- can you please post pics of his tank and lighting for us-- we can better help you then
thanks
Karrie

Chisox72

Original Poster
104214-6585192079.jpg
Thank you for the responses! He is in a 40 gallon. We had 2 separate lights but switched over to a 2 in 1 bulb. He seems to like basking under it. He gapes as well too. We feed him collard, dandelion & mustard greens. Some kale. He will only eat greens if we put super worms in it like salad. He will also eat crickets. Not much but some carrot, sweet potato and blueberries. When we got him he had horrible shed stuck to him. He just released it this past weekend. He gets about 3 baths a week. We were using paper towels on the bottom for awhile. I just made him this bottom. It is a light weight fabric and I covered it with contact paper, front and back. Please let me know if we need to adjust anything!! He is such a sweet boy I want the best for him.
104214-8428994529.jpg
104214-8735941965.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I am just gonna mention it since I see them in your pics, but make sure you are using a digital with probe end or a temp gun to measure temps. The dial stick on thermometers are wildly inaccurate. Besides that everything else seems fine :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom