Beardie has MBD (I think) and might have broken back. WDID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auroracow

Poor Lulu has been shaking and is so twitchy when she moves. I don’t know how to relieve her and I feel bad. Also idk if our vet works with bearded dragons. It looks so serious and her front legs are like jello when she tries to move... Please Help! I want to comfort her somehow

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Do you have a uv b bulb and what kind, and have you been feed her calcium dusted insects? It does sou N like she has mbd and you really need to take her to the vet. I would just keep her warm until you find a vet

auroracow

Original Poster
Moon4wolfgirl":2z7c32r2 said:
Do you have a uv b bulb and what kind, and have you been feed her calcium dusted insects? It does sou N like she has mbd and you really need to take her to the vet. I would just keep her warm until you find a vet
- Idk how to reply so I’m just going to do this but yes I have been feeding her calcium dusted insects and we have oral calcium. I have a UV light but I’m not sure what kind. (I’m not home)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
When you get home please post pics of your tank and little one---- go to user image uploader at top of page down load pics - click reply on top of message box click on XIMG--- pics should post -- let page refresh and ck to see it they are there
Karrie

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
If your UVB has plastic covering the bottom or if it's a round/curvy bulb instead of a tube one that stretches throughout the enclosure, that may cause problems, or maybe you just haven't replaced the light in a long time. Unlike some lights, the UVB needs to be replaced not just when it burns out. It matters what kind of light you have but most bulbs need to be replaced at least once a year, and weaker ones every six months. I hope that your beardie gets better soon. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is Lulu?
Absolutely, we need some specifics on your tank setup, such as the type/brand of UVB,
temperatures in the tank, supplementation given, foods offered, etc so we can review it
all with you to be sure everything is correct.
Did your dragon fall off of a basking area & injure herself?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom