Many questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

goofylady101

*How long should an 11 month old dragon be?
*Why hasn't my bearded dragon shed in a couple months??
*is sleeping with my bearded dragon a bad idea?, (he wont sleep unless he is out of his tank on most occasions)
*How do i make my bearded dragon eat his calcium? (He refuses to eat anything with calcium on it.)
*How do i clean his nose? (He got a little bit of dirt in it.)
*are melting wax fumes dangerous to my beardie? (I melt it all the way across my room away from him.)
*should I allow my bearded dragon to explore my room as often as i do? (almost every day)
*How should I decorate a live vivarium that has a clean up crew. (Many springtales)
*He hasn't eaten calcium powder or repti-vite for almost his entire life, is he at high risk of getting MBD? when i feel the base of his tail, it is very stiff, and i read online that if it is stiff it means his bones are fine.
*How do I get my beardy to eat vegis?
*My beardie normally likes to be extremely cold or extremely hot, and he tries to climb into the zoo-med multi- dome fixture, In the listing online from http://www.dachiubeardeddragons.com/bearded-dragons-for-sale/ he wasn't listed as a rankins, so i dont know if its hot enough for him or not? the temp in the hot side of the tank is always 75-80, so i think i need a better light fixture but im low on money right now.
*is a 40 gallon tank enough for him?

SORRY SO MANY QUESTIONS! I just really want a healthy dragon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First lets start w/ your tank please post pics of the tank and lighting- we can then address all the questions--thanks Karrie
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
goofylady101":yv0ag8ee said:
*How long should an 11 month old dragon be?
They all grow at different rates. Give us the size of yours and we will tell you if he's in range
*Why hasn't my bearded dragon shed in a couple months??
they shed mainly as they grow. If the growth has slowed down, so will the shedding
*is sleeping with my bearded dragon a bad idea?, (he wont sleep unless he is out of his tank on most occasions)
I wouldn't recommend sleeping with him. Letting him fall asleep on you is fine, but you need to be careful to keep him safe. You could roll over on him if you slept together..
*How do i make my bearded dragon eat his calcium? (He refuses to eat anything with calcium on it.)
Keep offering it, don't offer insects without it and eventually he will take them. Additionally you can feed BSFL, or butterworms. Both don't need to be dusted as they have proper calcium ratios.
*How do i clean his nose? (He got a little bit of dirt in it.)
you can wipe if with a damp cloth.
*are melting wax fumes dangerous to my beardie? (I melt it all the way across my room away from him.)
They shouldn't be. The only thing I might be concerned about is any that have essential oils in it such as pine, as pine is toxic to dragons.
*should I allow my bearded dragon to explore my room as often as i do? (almost every day)
there is nothing wrong with that as long as he still gets the required heat and uvb that he needs throughout the day
*How should I decorate a live vivarium that has a clean up crew. (Many springtales)
sorry, no experience with a bioactive terrarium. There are youtube vids though you could watch.
*He hasn't eaten calcium powder or repti-vite for almost his entire life, is he at high risk of getting MBD? when i feel the base of his tail, it is very stiff, and i read online that if it is stiff it means his bones are fine.
Depends on his uvb bulb, how close he can get to it, and the type of diet he has. The base of the tail really isn't a good indicator for bone health
*How do I get my beardy to eat vegis?
offer them every day. He'll come around eventually
*My beardie normally likes to be extremely cold or extremely hot, and he tries to climb into the zoo-med multi- dome fixture, In the listing online from http://www.dachiubeardeddragons.com/bearded-dragons-for-sale/ he wasn't listed as a rankins, so i dont know if its hot enough for him or not? the temp in the hot side of the tank is always 75-80, so i think i need a better light fixture but im low on money right now.
I don't believe daichu sells rankins, but i could be wrong. You could post a picture of him.
Additionally, 80 degrees is way to low. Your dragon needs a basking SURFACE temp of around 100-105. Anything lower and digestion will be greatly impaired. You need to take this measurement with an temp gun, or a digital with probe end. This isn't something you can skimp on, you need to have proper temperatures.

*is a 40 gallon tank enough for him?
is it a 40g breeder or just a regular 40g? depending on his size it might be ok, but most like to house their dragons in something a bit bigger.

SORRY SO MANY QUESTIONS! I just really want a healthy dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom