Beardie not eating that many crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheownerofROJO

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3dtojmq9 said:
Thats good but you want an actual basking temp -- the only way to get that is w/ a infrared heat gun-- we dont know if its warmer or cooler --- w/ the probe-- how long did you let it sit for before reading it? 92 is ok for an adult -- your little guy needs to be warmer like 105-110
Karrie

I had it sit for 10 minutes before reading. Also what type should I get to get it to 105-110

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Depends on tank--- what do you have in there now? I would get a IR gun first so you get actual temp and go from there - IR guns are around $10 from Walmart home Depot or lowes---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok after 10 minutes it should be fairly accurate. You definitely need to up that temp.

You have a couple options:
  • lower your light closer to the basking surface
    Raise your basking surface
    Get a higher wattage bulb

You gotta get that temperature up otherwise your little guy will be having one heck of a time digesting :)

-Brandon

TheownerofROJO

Original Poster
claudiusx":2904pxt4 said:
Ok after 10 minutes it should be fairly accurate. You definitely need to up that temp.

You have a couple options:
  • lower your light closer to the basking surface
    Raise your basking surface
    Get a higher wattage bulb

You gotta get that temperature up otherwise your little guy will be having one heck of a time digesting :)

The new lights arrived and now his basking is 100-110 . He is eating more, and has more of an appetite...
-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great news!
Sometimes things are complicated to get setup in the beginning, but once you have it all good to go, you're ready to really enjoy your new bud :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom