Meet Lazlo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I'm so excited to introduce my new baby, Lazlo! He arrived yesterday and has already stolen my heart. He's got so much personality for such a little thing and I can't wait to get to know him and to watch him grow.

92042-2218776285.jpg
92042-2692382103.jpg
92042-5317056291.jpg

I was left completely devastated after the unexpected loss of my girl, Cleo, last month. Cleo was my first beardie and she made me fall in love with bearded dragons and reptiles in general. I still miss her tremendously, but it's because of her that I decided to adopt this little guy. My home didn't feel right without a beardie!

melissamott124

Original Poster
claudiusx":15qvuyof said:
Hi there lazlo!

Where did the name come from?

-Brandon

Lazlo is a character from a book I like, actually! Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. I always thought it was such a cool and unique name so when I adopted this guy I knew it was a good fit :)

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Welcome Lazlo and keeper! He's a cutie for sure. Hope you have many many days and years to spend with the little guy.

Have you thought of or have invested in a nanny cam to watch your little guy? It's the best thing when they're just a baby, to watch them eat and pounce around the tank while you're away at work. Looking forward to hearing about Lazlo's adventures!

melissamott124

Original Poster
vrenee1018":3oltl224 said:
Welcome Lazlo and keeper! He's a cutie for sure. Hope you have many many days and years to spend with the little guy.

Have you thought of or have invested in a nanny cam to watch your little guy? It's the best thing when they're just a baby, to watch them eat and pounce around the tank while you're away at work. Looking forward to hearing about Lazlo's adventures!

Thank you so much! Yes I actually have considered a nanny cam! I work long hours so currently I just pester my entire family with texts all day asking for updates about him, I think a nanny cam would be a good solution for all of us :lol:

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
My bf and I actually share the nanny cam app so we can both check in on her while we're at our respective jobs. It's pretty fun. Hahaha I hope you invest in one!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hmm, we have a nanny cam... this sounds like a good idea to me too haha.

-Brandon

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Welcome - Lazlo's a cutie! I use Wyze cams all over my home - they're inexpensive, easy to mount/set up, and subscription free with great features. I actually have one on each end of my beardie's enclosure (hot side/cool side), so I can see him in nearly any spot. It's nice to be able to peek at him when I'm not home, and I get some great photos and clips to post on instagram. :0)

melissamott124

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I didn't know so many people use nanny cams for their beardies, I'm definitely going to have to invest in one :lol:

@Cassyd - Thank you! His hatch-day was 2/10/19 so he'll be 3 months at the end of next week. He's so small, my last beardie was a lot older when I got her! I named Cleo after Cleopatra of Egypt because she was always a woman in history that I admired. I always considered Cleopatra the queen of the desert and beardies are desert lizards so I thought that would be a cute name. I chose the name Lazlo from a book I love, and I was considering other names from other TV shows and books I love too. You find inspiration in random places lol! Good luck with your beardie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom