Feeding a 3 almost 4 year old Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katienic

I feed my almost 4 year old beardie 1 time a day, mainly in the evening. He gets veggies everyday but crickets every other. Am I feeding him too little? How and what do you feed your adult beardies?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is he eating all the vegies hes given? The crickets I think can be offered twice a week w/ calcium D3 -- and vitamins as well maybe one time a week --- how about water- ? You can wash his vegies before serving so he can get water from there unless he drinks from a bowl---
Karrie

Katienic

Original Poster
KarrieRee":23revg72 said:
Is he eating all the vegies hes given? The crickets I think can be offered twice a week w/ calcium D3 -- and vitamins as well maybe one time a week --- how about water- ? You can wash his vegies before serving so he can get water from there unless he drinks from a bowl---
Karrie

He doesn’t eat them all. I do spray his veggies with water as well as him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Then he us full I would say-- does he look thin to you and do you weigh him at all-- you can take a weight on him keep track if it and go from there
Karrie

Katienic

Original Poster
KarrieRee":54r7vgds said:
Then he us full I would say-- does he look thin to you and do you weigh him at all-- you can take a weight on him keep track if it and go from there
Karrie

He does not look thin to me but then I guess I’m not too sure what thin looks like on a bearded dragon. He seems happy and all that. Just was wanting to make sure I wasn’t underfeeding him especially with the crickets. I do that every other day and he will eat about 10 then he’s done

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a decent amount of live protein for an adult. I wouldn't worry.
If you can weigh him when can tell you better if he seems under or over for his size.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom