Parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 6 month old beardie and I think he might have parasites. His poop stinks and I know that’s a sign but it looks pretty normal and isn’t mushy. He acts normal and eats plenty. I don’t want to go to the vet unless I have to. He seems fine but I’ve noticed a bad smell to his poo. What do you think?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I take it his appetite is good? Unless its one of the smells thats clearing the room I wouldnt worry about it--- as long as hes eating and pooping regularly he is good-- their appetites tend to drop and they can start to loose weight if parasites are bad
Karrie

Hjballinger

Original Poster
Yes his appetite is good and his poop smells pretty bad to me but it isn’t that bad. When he poops in his cage and not on floor when he’s exploring I can’t smell it at all.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its up to you --- you can schedule a well check up and they can do a fecal -- it would also be good to establish some repore w/reptile a vet--- I dont know how many are available in your area but I know it took me a couple of trips to one vet to find out I didnt like the one I was going to and ended up switching to another one--- the one I have now switched to is way thorough and I mean thorough -- just food for thought ----
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Remember, its still poop it will smell bad still :)

The smell you get when their are parasites is unmistakable. You know your dragon poo'd before you can even see it. Sometimes before you even enter the room lol!
But if the stool is well formed, and he seems healthy otherwise with a decent appetite, I wouldn't worry.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom