Vet?? -Please RESPOND-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banarang

NOTE- PLEASE REMOVE IF IN WRONG FORUM
Thank You!

What should I pack for the vet? Is there anything I should know before bringing them? Any questions I should know?
Any certain stuff to bring?? suggestions please!

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I just bring a towel for "accidents" and so I have something to cover mine up with in case there are other animals in the waiting room. Helps keep them calm and acts as "out of sight, out of mind" for any cats or dogs, or if there are any other beardies nearby. I used to try to bring my spare 20 gal tank from when they were young, but it's too much hassle. They just ride on my shoulder the whole way anyway :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I bought a small pet carrier from Petco- I could of gotten one off of Amazon but had already purchased the one from there - it is very nice and lots of room for Hiccup- it has one side that is solid along w/ the back end - the other side is mesh and has a front door that opens for him to sit on if we open it- he loves the car rides and if my daughter is w/ she has him sit on top of it when in the car-- I have a shop towel on top of the bottom of the carrier and I always take along one of his fleece blankets and extra towel in case of accidents-- shop on line in Amazon search for small pet carriers or bearded dragon carriers--- also at the vet if they do a fecal ask if the do levels of parasites and get a printout of his test etc.....
Karrie

Banarang

Original Poster
I brought him to the vet, he’s good now.
Aaradimian":1g4kqmzu said:
I just bring a towel for "accidents" and so I have something to cover mine up with in case there are other animals in the waiting room. Helps keep them calm and acts as "out of sight, out of mind" for any cats or dogs, or if there are any other beardies nearby. I used to try to bring my spare 20 gal tank from when they were young, but it's too much hassle. They just ride on my shoulder the whole way anyway :)

Thank you for the suggestion, surely enough mango pooped in the car (like always.) so having a towel on hand was a lifesaver, thank you!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Banarang":3qy6yhur said:
I brought him to the vet, he’s good now

Photos before you took the dragon to the vet of the infected ear , and of the ear now .

So what was the vet's diagnosis of the problem ?

….and what treatment given by the vet while there ?

….and what on going treatment ( meds , oral or injections ? ) ?

…. when is the followup vet appointment ?

Banarang

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2lk0ojlq said:
Banarang":2lk0ojlq said:
I brought him to the vet, he’s good now

Photos before you took the dragon to the vet of the infected ear , and of the ear now .

So what was the vet's diagnosis of the problem ?

….and what treatment given by the vet while there ?

….and what on going treatment ( meds , oral or injections ? ) ?

…. when is the followup vet appointment ?

ear got nicked, the tear spread. Light heat/watt was too slightly lower and she needed a higher UV+heat. ( since UV/heat was lower she was too weak to fight it off.)

Currently on baytril And daily soakings recommend by vet. Lights replaced and adjusted to recommended temperature.

He said we shouldn’t need a follow up appointment unless it doesn’t get better/worsens/has a reaction to the medicine/etc. And to bring her in if any reaction occurs or if the ear doesn’t get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom