Skittish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mollysn28

Hey guys. So I have a baby beardie. About 5 months old...healthy guy, good appetite, good terrarium, perfect temperature and lighting. Gets tons and tons of love. So lately he has been acting very skittish and nervous. And I just dont know why. Example, he visibly flinches if I have lift my hand to pet him. So lately I have been trying to not raise my hand high when I pet him. This has been going on for a few days. Could it possibly be shedding? He's not going through a major shed, but perhaps one is coming? He's been shedding a little bit here and there, like his legs and a little on top of his head. But that's it. What's up with my little guy? :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Coming in from the top is probably scaring him --- they have a eye type on top of their head it has a name cant remember what it is -- its for birds-- predators -- try approaching him from the side or in front --- that is why tanks w/ doors instead of top screens are best -- easier for cleaning as well --- proper lighting what kind of lighting do you have in your tank? Brand?
Karrie

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Yes his his terrarium is actually made out of an armoire. So it has 2 doors. Not a top screen....And I cant remember what kind of light is in there. I know it's one of the top uvb lights though.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Anyone else been handling the little dragon ?

Might have been scared or hurt while being handled by someone (accidentally) , give him space and time and he'll relearn to trust you.

Show us his setup and lights. (photos).

They can be a bit hyper and hormonal when they get to about 6 months old , think pubescent human boys and girls ( anyone who's raise kids knows they can temperamental / moody at that age) same applies to dragons as they become juveniles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom