Fat? Impacted? Or I’m overthinking, please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodi

Original Poster
claudiusx":3o59od44 said:
It's not the bulb we typically recommend here but many people use it with success. We just are reptisun and Arcadia goons here lol. The fixture is fine there is no problem at all with that. So if you wanted to in 6 months when it's time to replace the bulb, you can buy the reptisun 10.0 instead and use the same fixture.

-Brandon
That’s what the man at petco had told me to do, and that’s now my official plan! Thank you so much man! I really appreciate it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am sorry if you have the bulb and can take it back I would---- I would replace the bulb w/ the Reptsiun 10.0 bulb --- T8-- it will fit your fixture-- and I would put it in your tank 8-10 inches from basking area --- here is a list of brands to stay away from
Brands to DEFINITELY ADVOID buying are as follows : this was posted on the forum Lighting help topic
Nomoy Pet,
Zilla,
All Living Things,
Reptile-One,
URS,
MegaRay Brand,
CrawlMiracle,
Nat Geo ,
Sparkzoo reptispar,
Repti-Zoo ,

NatAll of which are cheap Chinese clones made very cheaply using very poor quality quartz glass and cheap phosphors and next to no quality control or no meaningful quality control ==> very poor UV spectrum produced including UVC and bad parts of the UVB band --- these will harm your pet.ural Selections (in green boxes) .
domestic fittings for T8 and T5 tubes are fine PROVIDED the tube is not covered == the cover will stop all UV.
>>> a slip on reflector or use of a reflector hood is an excellent investment as it will focus and essentially double the UVA and UVB seen by the beardie , and no UVA or UVB will be wasted by radiating to areas inaccessible to the beardie
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oops missed it was just a few minutes before I posted lol.

Your temperatures are ok. That basking surface is very large so if it's too hot for him he can always bask lower down on the spot.

You might want to look into a lower wattage setup so that you can place the heat bulb closer to the tank. But that's just being picky.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Side note-- I still would get a infrared heat gun for more accurate temps on his basking area-- the digital probes are good for ambient temps in tank --- :) -- the stick ons are not accurate and can be way off for temps---
Karrie

Kodi

Original Poster
KarrieRee":28a8cwsl said:
I am sorry if you have the bulb and can take it back I would---- I would replace the bulb w/ the Reptsiun 10.0 bulb --- T8-- it will fit your fixture-- and I would put it in your tank 8-10 inches from basking area --- here is a list of brands to stay away from
Brands to DEFINITELY ADVOID buying are as follows : this was posted on the forum Lighting help topic
Nomoy Pet,
Zilla,
All Living Things,
Reptile-One,
URS,
MegaRay Brand,
CrawlMiracle,
Nat Geo ,
Sparkzoo reptispar,
Repti-Zoo ,

NatAll of which are cheap Chinese clones made very cheaply using very poor quality quartz glass and cheap phosphors and next to no quality control or no meaningful quality control ==> very poor UV spectrum produced including UVC and bad parts of the UVB band --- these will harm your pet.ural Selections (in green boxes) .
domestic fittings for T8 and T5 tubes are fine PROVIDED the tube is not covered == the cover will stop all UV.
>>> a slip on reflector or use of a reflector hood is an excellent investment as it will focus and essentially double the UVA and UVB seen by the beardie , and no UVA or UVB will be wasted by radiating to areas inaccessible to the beardie
Karrie
Awesome. Thank you so much, I saw that bulb while I was there -the reptisun 10.0- and I was thinking about getting it, but didn’t, as I didn’t have the cash on me. I will return and grab that bulb, should’ve gone with my gut lol!

SPandS

Juvie Member
Hello,

Those light fixtures come with a plastic shield over the bulb and it HAS to be removed otherwise it blocks the uvb, I couldn't tell but it looks like it was still on. Also since it's a weaker bulb than we reccomened it would probably be better if it was attached under the screen, since the screen also blocks uvb. If you could move it over a bit so when your dragon is basking it can be under it that would be great too. No point in having a uvb bulb if your dragon isn't able to actually get the uvb, right?

Kodi

Original Poster
SandP":3qlrir8e said:
Hello,

Those light fixtures come with a plastic shield over the bulb and it HAS to be removed otherwise it blocks the uvb, I couldn't tell but it looks like it was still on. Also since it's a weaker bulb than we reccomened it would probably be better if it was attached under the screen, since the screen also blocks uvb. If you could move it over a bit so when your dragon is basking it can be under it that would be great too. No point in having a uvb bulb if your dragon isn't able to actually get the uvb, right?

Okay I get your point, just for complete clarification.. like this right?
104184-9480460705.jpg
104184-3606891227.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom