Picky eater advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh chroma is being super dramatic lately and refuses crickets..... i just bought 200 of them. Any suggestions on how to deal with a picky beardie. Last month he didnt want his dubais, the month before it was worms he didnt want. I might go back to trying dubais or calcium worms. Yet is he going to always be this dramatic with his food?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Possibly, to answer your question.

How old is chroma?
Appetite is effected greatly by temperature and lighting.
Could you go over your setup with us real quick just to rule out any environmental factors causing the pickiness?

Sometimes though, once they get the taste for one bug they dont want anything else.

-Brandon

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Like Brandon, I have to ask how old yee beardie is.

My boy (Guac) is a total drama lizard about his food and always has been. That said, he's only two. You have my sympathies regardless.

How is he eating his veggies? If he's old enough he just might be more interested in greens then protein (Guac is sometimes like this, though rarely).

Honestly my advice is not to worry about it too much. So long as Chroma is hydrated and otherwise healthy, he'll eventually get hungry enough to eat. If you were having trouble with him eating greens I would have more advice, but when a beardie is refusing different insects I tend to assume that he's probably well fed enough to take a couple days of scarcity, haha. :p

Of course, if he's not eating in general that can mean trouble.

Best,
-Ellentomologist

Hammie2496

Original Poster
Oh fudge i never went through his lighting ?. He has a normal set up 110-115°f on the left, i got his long light in the middle and his cool temp is 80-85°f. He has 2 hidey holes if he doesnt want the sun all day. He is also allowed to bask in natural sunlight during the day, when im home. I did recently turn his tank so it wasnt facing our bed anymore. I think he might be mad about that. Other than that he gets mustard greens for a salad, he likes to sit in the middle of it and eat his salad. I finally got him to eat some crickets this morning, he ate 8. Oh and he is 5 months or 6 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom