Males not breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowerlakers420

So I have a few males and I've been trying to get them to breed for quite some time now with my one female. I can't seem to get them to actually do the deed though they do everything from head-bobbing and biting the neck but they just don't commit 100% at the end. I do know some of them you really won't ever see then actually mate due to being nervous Etc but is there any tricks in the book or anyting that I can do to maybe make him more prone to wanting to jump right into it. Also does the way you raise a baby male bearded dragon possibly affect how it might breed in the future and is there any thing I can do to grow him into a really nice, strong breeder.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Most sub adult + adult males will breed. You put the female in his tank, not vice versa or you can try putting them out on the floor together. BTW, it's really expensive to raise the babies, you have no idea and it's also a LOT of work. You have to be home a lot and you need loads of crickets to feed them, housing costs , lights, etc. Just an FYI.

Lowerlakers420

Original Poster
I have been breeding them for a few years and am well aware of the amount of work it is, (10 clutches last year) I do put the female in the maales territory and I have tried putting them in the floor as well and tried covering there cage too to give them privacy, the males are 3+ yrs oldand I have a pretty decent expierence with babies etc and know the work that's involved, I breed my own dubia, hissers, waxies, superworms, Mealworms and hornworms and get loads of crickets online as well (obviously getting at least six greens and veggies at a time in the mix as well) so food is never annd issue for me, I'm just looking for maybe some tips that might make my beardies more willing to do the deed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom