Pet Sitting of Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Normally we get my uncle to Come in and feed the pets when We're on vacation. We did bring our pets with us once on vacation due to a storm in our area whilst we were away and That was fun.

But Normally we just get a family member to Come in and check up on all of them everyday. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Depends on how long your going to be gone---- you can set up a timer to have your lights come on and off -- as far as feeding if your gonna be gone for a few days they might be able to go w / out being fed --- and / or you can have someone come in and feed them only and still leave lights on a timer--- it just all depends on how long your going to be gone--- they can go a day or two w/ out being fed but I wouldnt go any longer than that---
Karrie

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
KarrieRee":1n24ciil said:
Depends on how long your going to be gone---- you can set up a timer to have your lights come on and off -- as far as feeding if your gonna be gone for a few days they might be able to go w / out being fed --- and / or you can have someone come in and feed them only and still leave lights on a timer--- it just all depends on how long your going to be gone--- they can go a day or two w/ out being fed but I wouldnt go any longer than that---
Karrie
I Agree.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
When I leave for just a few days I'll also just leave my beardie's lights on her timer and if someone else is home while I'm gone I usually just ask them to give her greens since the rest of the people in my family aren't very comfortable with bugs, but when we all leave for a week or two I usually board her somewhere. There are some exotics vets who will take beardies for boarding, and before I moved I boarded her at a non-chain reptile shop.

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

Luckily when I leave home I'm visiting my parents, so I have a full set up there for Guac an take him with me. However for some of my job interviews this year I had to leave for a couple days pretty regularly, and I also met my SO's family this yea which meant almost a week away from my baby...

For short trips, I do lights on a timer, fresh bowl of water, a small amount (next feeding's worth) of fresh greens and dry pellet foods. I never feed pellets otherwise, but I keep them around for emergencies like when my car got totaled (tree fell on it... and me... :oops: ) a year ago and I couldn't buy food for Guac as easily. He'll eat them if he's hungry, albeit begrudgingly, and I figure it's better then nothing when I'm not around to feed him.

If it's something you can do though, a housemate, neighbor, or family member coming in to be a green delivery is great. I even put together little "shake me" packs of dubia roaches + a little carrot and calcium powder for the relatives that aren't squeamish about such things. Works out great.

I have heard of some places boarding beardies, but I am a bit shifty on the idea... IDK why. Probably a great options really.

If you have a trustworthy interested friend or neighbor, that's almost always the route I would go with. When I was in college, for instance, I did a little pet/house sitting. I'd water your plants and take care of any "box/pocket pets" (rodents and reptiles essentially), as well as cats and dogs on a case-by-case bias. Since I was one person people could hold responsible, as well as being fairly responsible and having all sorts of pictures to show of my happy-healthy pets, I had a P. good little business going for a little bit. Obviously has to be someone you trust though.

Real talk though I am a biology major who works with a bunch of hard-science nerd animal lovers, so the one time no one else was available and I really needed a sitter for Guac and the rest of my scale-babies I just paid a coworker to stop buy and feed/clean everyone.

Hope this helps? Big trip in the future?

Anyways, best!
-Ellentomologist

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I pay someone I found via our neighborhood referrals list to watch the house & "kids" when I'm gone for more than 2 days. She takes our guys out & plays/sits with them, handles the messes, feeds & waters, etc. Had to train her up because she had never taken care of beardies before, and it's funny because now she gets as neurotic about their care as we are. Must be a beardie thang! :lol:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I agree-- it's a beardie thing but they are so innocent-- it's up to us to take care of them the best we can
Karrie

kalidog

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the insight. I've had the neighbor girl watch Max in the past but last time she left the tank a total mess and I wasn't happy about that. I just found out this week from my local pet store that they have a friend that will pet sit (any type of pet) so will be in contact with her. We also have a dog and fish so need someone that is willing to take care of our zoo!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
With that being said you might want to get some feedback about the girl from pet store
References
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom