This is Juju

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitsMcgee

20190405_114721.jpg

This image is about a week or two ago, and that he was in shed.

Here's my lovely boy. I got him March 19th,2019 and he was about 7 month on March 12th from the breeder website.
20190319_092015.jpg

This image is the day he came in.

I'm a new beardie owner, so I'm still learning a lot to make sure that Juju is being taken well care of.
So far I've been watching his weight each week since 3/28 when I got a kitchen scale.

3/28/2019 - 121g
4/2/2019 - 145g
4/8/2019 - 154g
4/16/2019 - 169g

He was 13inches on 3/28 and is now 13 1/2inches on 4/16. Hopefully he's growing properly.

He was stress the first week but slowly calmed after awhile since his stomach is fully white. He would sleep on the cool end each night. Which worried me since me and my partner would leave in the morning and come back to see him look like he hasn't moved into the basking area. But now he moves on his own, occasionally coming back to see him hiding under a shade.

I started off with crickets, and order 1000 online. But after a week or two I got annoyed by them, the smell, and how fast some of them died. So we waited till there were no more crickets and switched over to Dubias. Which at first me and my partner were against but they sounded much better than crickets. Juby loved them :mrgreen:

I have some regrets, not because of him, but of me. I'm rather shy so I'm scared to ask questions if an issue happens, or to make sure everything seems proper for him and his enclosure. But he seems okay so far. I'll be sure to post something if anything arises. I adore this scaley boy.
https://imgur.com/Qveggn3

(I apologize for a long introduction post....)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site!
Don't be shy to ask questions, that's what we are here for! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum-- did you do any research before getting juju--? Can you post pics if his tank and lighting? There we can better help w/ his care
Karrie

That’s awesome! I didn’t mind the long introduction. I hope you and Juju have a wonderful relationship. I know young beardies can be very shy but they truly are a delight! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom