Petco bearded dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
I purchased my beardie at Petco ( I KNOW I KNOW TERRIBLE) :( I didn’t realize it was until 2 weeks in!

Since I bought mine at petco, he’s 9 inches long now, should I treat him for parasites? Or only when necessary?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
First you need to take a fecal into your reptile vet --- but I would not do that until you have had him for a while longer --- wait for the relocation stress to go away and for him to get used to his surroundings --- its good to establish repore w/ your vet before he gets sick so having him in for a checkup is good that way they can get to know him before hes ill---- you said you got him at Petco--- what kind of set up did they set you up w/ ? Can you post pics of your tank and lighting please
Karrie

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi karrie! I did all my research and this is his current set up. I’m currently waiting for his hide log to come in the mail so I can put it on the cool right side! I’m using 36 inch t5 ho tube light by zoo med, and he’s in a 55 gallon tank. For his basking spot, I’m using zoo med 150 watt basking bulb!

full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Cudos to you--:)-- thank goodness-- little dude is in good hands then-- most people that get dragons from Petco PetSmart end up w/ alot of improper equipment set up etc....his tank looks good
Karrie

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1m8vj7do said:
Cudos to you--:)-- thank goodness-- little dude is in good hands then-- most people that get dragons from Petco PetSmart end up w/ alot of improper equipment set up etc....his tank looks good
Karrie

Thank you! And one last question, how do I know when he’s fully used to his environment??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
His stress marks will have subsided-- those are the black lines he has on his body-- you will notice a difference in his color
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good job on the set up. :) And just because he's from Petco does not mean he's any more prone to having parasites, even top breeders will have dragons that pick them up. Don't take a baby for a fecal test when they are not showing signs of ill health, wait until he's bigger + can handle any prescribed meds.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":14rrmvpx said:
Good job on the set up. :) And just because he's from Petco does not mean he's any more prone to having parasites, even top breeders will have dragons that pick them up. Don't take a baby for a fecal test when they are not showing signs of ill health, wait until he's bigger + can handle any prescribed meds.

Thank you so Much! I want to make sure the little guy is taken good care of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom