Still liquidy Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie chroma has been having diarrhea for the past 2 weeks. I cut down all water intake and fruits and certain veggies. I do put calcium and vitamins in his salad every day but thats due to me not being able to dust his crickets. He also doesnt finish his salad everytime. Im worried about him now his pee in his stool appears to be normal. He definitely has his normal eating habbits and is very active. He still loves to play and mess with his sister, my maine coone. Im so worried about him and his vet wont be back from vacation for a week.
His pee part is white!! I accidently moved his poop before taking a picture.
full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn't look bad to me. Does it smell particularly bad? It looks like he's getting enough hydration from the bugs which is good. You can certainly bring a sample to the vet to test it out, but based on what i'm seeing and his high activity level I wouldn't consider it urgent. Possibly not a problem at all.

Hammie2496

Original Poster
Thank you, i took him to a surpentarium (exotic reptile store)near me. They said he is perfectly healthy but its the spinage i was using in his salad. It goes right through a beardie. They gave me a list of foods that were approved for him to have every day. ? thank you

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah, that makes sense. Spinach isn't the best option as they said. Their digestive issues can be pretty unique though so trial and error with diet goes a long way. One of my guys used to have a rough time with blueberries although he loved them. Here is a good list to reference for additional salad ideas. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom