8 month old Beardie foot swollen hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Post pics so either Tracie Drache613 can see it or AHBD --- what was he/ she bitten by?
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ouch, that cannot feel good! What happened, do you have him housed with another dragon
who bit him?
If so, please place him in his own tank right now, since he is injured & will likely become more
stressed & bullied due to his injury.
Try to get some raw, unpasteurized or manuka honey to put on the area until you can get him
to a vet. Are you able to get him to a vet?
Go ahead & click on the XIMG function//button to upload your pictures to the Image composer.
Then, copy/paste the pictures to here onto the forum.

Tracie

lizardgirlforever

Original Poster
100953-2300746381.jpg

See that one foot that is swollen and bitten? That is the one. He was bitten by one of his brothers or sisters--I don't know which one. I stopped the bleeding and put him in another clean cage with paper towels as "bedding" and a water bowl, food bowl, small rock, and cave. This has heating and lights, yes. I use it for injured or scared beardies.

lizardgirlforever

Original Poster
I hold him in a cage with my other 7 beardies. This one is one of the bigger ones. Their cage is pretty big. And tall. I'm not keeping them forever, remember that. I am simply keeping them there until they can be placed in good, loving, able and willing to take care of them people. Yes, they are super small for 8 months but I think that is because they are being housed with other beardies in a not-huge-tank. I am having trouble finding homes for them, but I already gave away 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom