Beared dragon randomly stoped eating

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Beared dragon randomly stoped eating

Postby James2727 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:35 pm

Hey!! I have a beardie have had her for almost a year I feed her superworms and Diablo cockroaches that’s what the vet told me to feed her I gotta 100w ceramic infrared and a Fluorescent repit sun 10.0 she went poop yesterday and today but I tryed feeding her and she hasn’t ate in two day she’s never done this she hasn’t been basking I get her out she runs around and this when she’s in her cage she lays a way from her basking spot she seems jumpy too like when I walk near the cage she moves really fast and I’ve never seen her act this way forgot to Mention I live in Alabama and the weather here has been hot a few day rainy and then cold could that have anything to do with it
James2727
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beared dragon randomly stoped eating

Postby Drache613 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:53 pm

Hello,

The erratic weather definitely can play a role in the appetite swings.
How old is her Reptisun 10 tube bulb & how is it placed, on top of or underneath of her screen
top?
What are her basking temperatures, do you measure them with a digital probe or temp gun?
The temperatures may be fluctuating in her tank some, so you may need to double check them
& adjust them in case it's either getting too hot or too cold for some reason.
If you have pictures of her, along with her tank setup, go ahead & post them so we can see her
physical condition & lighting placement, too.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Drache613 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Health
Drache613

Postby James2727 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Her temp as of right now is 86.2 I’m new to this website and as of right now she’s laying on her cool side of her tank and hasn’t moved I have a Digital probe
James2727
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Please post pics of tank and lighting so we can better help you--- how old is the UVB? Go to top of this page click on User Image Uploader-- down load pics- click on reply at top of message box click on XIMG - pics should post let page refresh and check to see if your pics posted
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby James2727 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:56 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
James2727
Newbie Poster

Postby James2727 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:59 pm

The UVB and heatRemitter it is new it’s about a few weeks old
James2727
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:08 pm

ok so the UVB is not old -- what kind of screen is it fine mesh or wide hole? And the 10.0 is that a T 5 or a T8? I see you have it on top of screen that is why I am asking about the T 5 or T 8--- and the screen--- the UVB rays play a big factor in getting thru the screen etc.............. why is the basking light off? She needs to be able to get 12 hrs of UVB and basking--- and she needs to be able to get under it closer if need be --- the T8 should be 8-10 inches from her and the T 5 10-11 inches-- a infrared heat gun is the most accurate way to get basking temps-- the probe is good and I would leave in tank but the heat gun you can get from Walmart Home Depot or Lowes for around $10 --- is one of those rocks in there a hide for her-- you said you have a infrared heat emitter ? that doesnt have a light on it correct? Your all around lighting will play a big factor in her behavior and over all health--
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby James2727 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:27 pm

The heat Element don’t put off light it just puts off heat
James2727
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health