Sick Leopard Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, not really. She LOOKS fatter but the scale says otherwise. My parents think that she isn't gonna be able to comeback from this. But I still give she as much care as I can give her. She's in a 10 gallon now :D . She is more active in a larger tank.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh, I really hope that she pulls through for you. You don't think she has gained weight?
Maybe she is doing a little better than she leads on. Please keep us posted on how she
is doing.

Tracie

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will! She is WAY more tame, but health ways... She isn't really improving :(. I'll keep yall updated

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh so she has tamed down then for you, that's great.
I was hoping her health had improved. What are you giving to help with her immune system?

Tracie

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry I haven't been posting, I got my braces on yesterday :cry: . They really hurt! Anyway, Geckas doing better. I haven't been giving her anything. :)

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey! Just an update: I have found someone who takes in sick reptiles, rehabs them (including vet trips every 3 months), and has a very particular way of giving them a great family.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello!!!!!! Long time no see!!
I'm back because Gecka is still 44 grams! I've poured my heart and soul into her with no outcome. I think she's coming up on 10 years now! They normally live to 15 so she's getting up there. She has gained some chunk on her tail tho. Not much. Thoughts of euthanasia are starting to arrive. After Samantha, I got two guinea pigs, Cookie and Twix. Cookie died a few months back. I adopted a 5 week old from a shelter on march 7th. I'm still grieving the lost of him some. anyway what should I do? She seems so depressed. I wanna tire out all options first tho. sadly the vet isn't a option. I don't have $63 bucks just to walk in the door! I'm gonna try enriching her life first. Thankfully she is eating more often now. Thanks! Good to be back!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Glad to see you back! So your girl has not gained any weight at all?
What have you tried for her? Have you considered mixing up some chicken or turkey baby
food too?
Post some pictures of her when you get a chance, also.

Tracie

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well since that post she has started to gain weight. I found that she like mealworm pupae guts (gross I know). But I just found that she was very dehydrated! I have been syringe feeding her water and she’s much better! I’ll get some pics up ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom