Beardie won't eat and is VERY skinny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Super worms should not be fed as a staple-- you can try crickets then -- live crickets and dust them w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week -- he should of been eating these all these months-- please start on this right away -- this is another reason why hes so skinny- crickets are cheap just remember to feed him the size no bigger than between his eyes-- he should be eating anywhere between 20-30 crickets and if hes still skinny feed him twice a day- let him eat as many as he can in 10-15 minutes
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think we already discussed this and the fact that your dragon wasn't eating anything. And that superworms are better than nothing.
I agree they aren't the best feeder option, but they will suffice. You should still try to offer a variety of insects every once in awhile, maybe he will develop a taste for something else eventually. The problem with the superworms IMO is that the fattyness of them makes them slightly addicting to the dragon, and they won't want to eat other insects as readily. Same goes for waxworms. If they eat enough waxworms they will pretty much go on a hunger strike against any other bug lol.

How many supers are you feeding a day? Supers should always be limited, they will simply just eat too many of them.

-Brandon

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As I said he will ONLY eat superworms and greens. If that is the only thing he accepts being diverse in his diet is pointless if he won’t eat anything else. I can only be diverse in his greens. I don’t think you understand that he WONT eat crickets.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
Arugula & zucchini is fine. If you can add in some mustard or collard greens, or even dandelion
greens if you can find them, it would give a little more balance.
The superworms are ok if not fed in excess. I have successfully fed ours those for years, but of
course along with other things too. For an adult, 25 or so weekly does a nice job of weight
maintenance, along with greens, etc.
Just do the best you can & he may or may not change his food preferences over time.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom