Beardie hasnt pooped in 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon had to start eating superworms as a staple around 4 weeks ago,it was fine until he stopped pooping for a few days, i used pumpkin,olive oil,daily baths,& baby food and after 1 week he pooped. I started feeding Dubias and i thought that he would continue going to the bathroom regularly after he went. But its been 6 days since his last poop and he doesnt seem to even try and go. I dont know if i continue feeding or why he wont poop,he cant be impacted because there is nothing to be impacted from. Since he already got the superworms out on the first poop. Please help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Super worms should not be fed as a staple-- its good that you switched over to the dubias-- supers should only be fed as a treat--- hopefully he will go here in the next day or so -- but I am guessing it was the super worms- is he eating vegies? You can also give him horn worms as a treat and butter worms ---
Karrie

BazziTheBeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1st1mk1j said:
Super worms should not be fed as a staple-- its good that you switched over to the dubias-- supers should only be fed as a treat--- hopefully he will go here in the next day or so -- but I am guessing it was the super worms- is he eating vegies? You can also give him horn worms as a treat and butter worms ---
Karrie

I had only used superworms for a week as i stated i did switch over to dubias. I am still having problems but he did poop on monday but not again since,he is eating veggies daily. If he had impaction it should have gone away but he still isnt pooping regularly

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It's not uncommon for them not to poop everyday -- believe me they can go a lot longer like month s not pooping--
Karrie

When my beardie has a bit of bathroom issues, i give him a really warm bath. Daily baths are good but make sure there very warm and pour some of the warm water over he/she. its gross to clean up, but it gets things working again a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom