Where do you guys buy tanks larger than 40 gallons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdayrit

Hi i am having a hard time finding a tank bigger than 40 gallons , all of the local store only carry 40 gallons, where do you guys buy them??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My tank is a Zen habitat I pd $265 w/ free shipping-- www.zenhabitat.com or Carolina cages they are spendy or if your handy people build their own you can CK out the diy board
Karrie
97951-632654513.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Tristan67":ktbiqqcq said:
KarrieRee":ktbiqqcq said:
My tank is a Zen habitat I pd $265 w/ free shipping-- http://www.zenhabitat.com or Carolina cages they are spendy or if your handy people build their own you can CK out the diy board
Karrie
97951-632654513.jpg
Use plexiglass and you can spend $50 instead of 300 like a ***** ***** LOL. I can give SEVERAL listings to bigger and nicer setups for half the cost. Weird how you hop onto my thread and wish death upon my pet for NO reason and your beards in some little tank. My pet Doesent have a ***** tank like that maybe yours would die?? Nah I wouldnt wish any beard to die im not a ***** person. Your probably some rude old lady whos gonna die off soon. Good riddance loser

1) personal attacks like I can see above are not warranted., I've quoted your post this time so you can't simply edit away your bad advice , or your attacks and pretend like you never said them.

Kerry , I hope you have made a complaint to the owners of this board and also made copies of the personal attacks and death threats to pass onto the FBI. I have done both as regard his email to me as threat and I know the FBI takes these very cowardly attacks via the internet very seriously and do follow up (his IP location is going to give them his address and tell them if he's there).
The next knock at his door is likely to be the cops or the Feds.

Tristian don't bother trying to send me any more abusive PMs or emails
tristian67-attack.png

as I've already blocked you as I have better things to do than talk to the trolls and wont be replying to him via PM or email.

2) Acrylic sheeting ( plexiglass ) and the like while lighter than soda glass (window glass) or laminated glass , is not cheaper per square metre and is softer (prone to scratching , and will be scratched up by a dragon's nails) , that said, plexiglass (etc) is a fine material to use and has advantages.

3) the tanks offered by the manufacturer mentioned by Kerry ( Zen Habitats) are very good and very similar tanks can be made at home by the DIYSer , the system used is called CONNECTIT and is based on strong slip in nylon connectors and 1" square aluminium tubing.

KarrieRee":27v8gv4d said:
My tank is a Zen habitat I pd $265 w/ free shipping-- http://www.zenhabitat.com or Carolina cages they are spendy or if your handy people build their own you can CK out the diy board
Karrie
97951-632654513.jpg

I was thinking about buying from Zen Habitats. Are the cages made from plexiglass or regular glass? Are they heavy?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The doors are Plexi glass and the tank is light-- easy to move-- I do recommend you put another substrate over the bamboo as it is very slippery- I put slated ceramic tile in mine and I did not order the substrate shield since I do not use loose substrate-- you can also use non adhesive shelf liner-- as well shipping is free-- and easy to put together
Karrie

KarrieRee":35k79akk said:
The doors are Plexi glass and the tank is light-- easy to move-- I do recommend you put another substrate over the bamboo as it is very slippery- I put slated ceramic tile in mine and I did not order the substrate shield since I do not use loose substrate-- you can also use non adhesive shelf liner-- as well shipping is free-- and easy to put together
Karrie
Thanks. I have one more quick question....how is the top?

Is it like a mesh aquarium lid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom