Wife Gave 75 Crickets at Once? Bloated? Panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSunny

My wife gave our beardie 75 crickets at once. She blew up MASSIVE. She has done that before but Sunny never got that big, if ANY noticeable change at all. Should I panic? This is the first time we have seen her like this.

Also, I'm not the primary caregiver. How many crickets should she get per day/week?

v8pkdj.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my! Wow, she is quite large there. Her body condition, other than being bloated
in appearance, looks good.
What is her age? Adults only need roughly 40-50 insects weekly. Just how large were
the crickets she gave her?
I would keep her a bit warmer overnight, than normal, to help keep her metabolism boosted.
Around 80 or so is good I hope that she wont get too backed up from too much protein all at
once. Be sure you give her some fluids also, to help her kidneys out.
Give it a bit of time to see whether or not everything is digesting everything correctly.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Reminds me of the skit with the very fat food critic and who didn't think he could fit the little waffle in after eating one of everything on the menu, who eats it with very gory but hilarious consequences.... if you've not seen the skit ….Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_z_mnSSmQg . sorry for the tangent.
Note : I'm a fatty so I am in no way trying to deride those of us who are obese.

Wont happen to the beardie though he may upchuck some. If not , he can do without bugs for a few days and you can probably expect a poopnami over the next few days to week.

Yep no more than 8 medium to large crickets per day for an adult , along with daily fresh salad.

Aquilist

kingofnobbys":3ui7o4s1 said:
Reminds me of the skit with the very fat food critic and who didn't think he could fit the little waffle in after eating one of everything on the menu, who eats it with very gory but hilarious consequences.... if you've not seen the skit ….Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_z_mnSSmQg . sorry for the tangent.
Note : I'm a fatty so I am in no way trying to deride those of us who are obese.

Wont happen to the beardie though he may upchuck some. If not , he can do without bugs for a few days and you can probably expect a poopnami over the next few days to week.

Yep no more than 8 medium to large crickets per day for an adult , along with daily fresh salad.
Monty Python? Fabulous!
Hilariously disgusting!

BeardieSunny

Original Poster
Drache613":2043r7w5 said:
Hello,

Oh my! Wow, she is quite large there. Her body condition, other than being bloated
in appearance, looks good.
What is her age? Adults only need roughly 40-50 insects weekly. Just how large were
the crickets she gave her?
I would keep her a bit warmer overnight, than normal, to help keep her metabolism boosted.
Around 80 or so is good I hope that she wont get too backed up from too much protein all at
once. Be sure you give her some fluids also, to help her kidneys out.
Give it a bit of time to see whether or not everything is digesting everything correctly.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

She is about 7 months old. She has salad and water in her enclosure at all times. The crickets were medium to large. Thank you Traci! I will report back. I took her out to get some air and run around on the carpet and she pooped. So loud that I could hear it from her butt!

BeardieSunny

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3sjwptwc said:

HAHA hilarious skit. Monty Python was maybe the best comedy show ever.

Hopefully this will pass. I will report back. Thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, so she probably feels a bit better now after going potty! I am sure though, that she
feels a lot better.
I would give her a few days to let her body digest & metabolize everything but seeing as the
crickets were not terribly large she should pass everything through just fine!

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Tristan67":1l2fpsmn said:
The amount of crickets you give your bearded dragon entirely depends on how much exercise hes getting. The main goal.now is to get him to poop it all out
, I recomend taking him.out of the tank and see if he will move around at all if so then let him.move around as.much as possible

If he's reasonably lethargic then I would invest under$20 into a heat rock where you can.plug it in and leave him on the rock. If he gets off put him.back on in a few mins, he will.be fine, in the wild a beard will destroy a HUGE colony of crickets because they might not eat for the next few days. Your.beard.will be fine hes just a cute lil fatty?

VERY BAD advise by someone who is clueless.

See my response to his similar bad advise in another thread here : [ Invalid URL Removed / p=1887716 t= f= ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom