Infected pores?

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Infected pores?

Postby Jacobventura » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:25 am

I have a bearded dragon named Katlyn and I not sure if her pores Are infected, blocked,or are they ok? [Click image to enlarge]

-Jacobventura
Jacobventura
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Infected pores?

Postby ammo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:43 pm

These pores don't look too bad, so I wouldn't be too concerned! Moving forward I would just be sure he has enough rough materials to run across in his enclosure to be sure the pores stay clear. If you are really concerned you can also give him weekly(ish) baths which will help make sure they stay nice and clean! Also with pores like that I think your Katlyn might actually be a boy, but it is difficult to be sure with this photo. I think you don't have to be concerned unless they get worse :)
ammo
Newbie Poster

Postby Jacobventura » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:47 pm

ammo wrote:These pores don't look too bad, so I wouldn't be too concerned! Moving forward I would just be sure he has enough rough materials to run across in his enclosure to be sure the pores stay clear. If you are really concerned you can also give him weekly(ish) baths which will help make sure they stay nice and clean! Also with pores like that I think your Katlyn might actually be a boy, but it is difficult to be sure with this photo. I think you don't have to be concerned unless they get worse :)

Thank you!
Jacobventura
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:10 pm

I agree that Katlyn is a male and also those aren't bad but you can do as the other poster mentioned. A warm 10 minute bath 1-2 X a week can help soften those up but there's no real problem. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER