14 weeks old has never eaten greens before

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiraC

103152-9174339831.jpg
Hey! I was just wondering if you guys have any recommendations about getting 14 weeks old to eat her greens. She has never eaten her greens before. Sometimes she eats carrots if I shake it in front of her but that's about it. Should I just feed her protein based diet till she start eating her salad or should I just give her only salad during weekends? and how can I get her to eat her salad?

I always give her salad in the morning and clean her dish every night before she goes to sleep. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.
103152-5401983415.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you sure shes 14 months? She looks little --- If your sure shes that age you can cut back on the bugs and feed once or twice a week --- and give her collard mustard or turnip greens - I mix collard and turnip greens together along w/ cut up squash yellow or zucchini or butter nut raw and fruit--- apples strawberries grapes blueberries -- they like bright colors like red --- sweet potato as well - but that I cook in mic first --- so its soft -- what bugs are you feeding her? Those still should be dusted w/ the calcium d3 and alternate w/ the vitamins as well - when she starts eating a variety of vegies and has a good diet you wont haft to worry about the calcium so much or the vitamins -- and as long as she has a good UVB going too ----- that is really important to her overall health and eating and pooping --
Karrie

MiraC

Original Poster
I mostly feed her medium size crickets with calcium 5 times a week and multivitamin twice a week. I also offer her dubia roaches twice a month, daily reptiworms and salad on the side. If I’m not at home I leave salad and flukers juvenile buffet blend on her plate.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so her main diet would be bugs --- do not cut back on the bugs---- she needs those up until around a year then her diet will switch to vegies --- its good that shes even eating vegies --- mine wouldnt touch them at that age --- so w/ that being said feed her as many bugs as she will eat in a 10-15 minute time period --- I would switch her out to dubia roaches tho---- they are way more healthy for her than the crickets --- they are easier to keep -- like a 10 gallon aquarium and you can feed them carrots squash their favorite like yellow or zucchini apples strawberries sweet potato --- they dont stink and they dont chirp----- also 1 dubia = 6 crickets--- you can order them on line from Amazon and suppliers offer free shipping --- I just got 200 large for $40 -- in her case she would need small ones--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is she handling the med size dubias ok? I just read your post! And it sounds like your doing good w / the feeding so.........
Karrie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
My one guy Otto probably didn't touch a vegetable for the 1st 9 months of his life even though many different greens were offered over that time. They need their bugs while they're growing, and after a year, the ratio is supposed to flip from 80%/20% bugs-to-greens to the reverse. However, I don't think Ot read that memo :lol: . He is finally eating more greens than bugs, but boy was it a struggle. I would just make sure you feed the bugs + calcium and ~2x a week vitamin supplement for now, and provide the greens. If she eats them, great, but it doesn't seem to be a deal breaker.

MiraC

Original Poster
She is definitely not eating medium dubia roaches right now. She only eats medium crickets and small dubia roaches.

I noticed that she didn't really like dubia roaches so that's why I switched to crickets but, I will switch her protein intake back to dubia roaches from now on :)

Anyways thank you so much for the help guys!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If she doesnt like the dubias then by all means feed her the crickets---- some are picky mine didnt like the crickets and switched right over to the dubias -- which I was glad --- the crickets were such a pain in the butt!
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom