14 weeks old has never eaten greens before

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiraC

103152-9174339831.jpg
Hey! I was just wondering if you guys have any recommendations about getting 14 weeks old to eat her greens. She has never eaten her greens before. Sometimes she eats carrots if I shake it in front of her but that's about it. Should I just feed her protein based diet till she start eating her salad or should I just give her only salad during weekends? and how can I get her to eat her salad?

I always give her salad in the morning and clean her dish every night before she goes to sleep. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.
103152-5401983415.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you sure shes 14 months? She looks little --- If your sure shes that age you can cut back on the bugs and feed once or twice a week --- and give her collard mustard or turnip greens - I mix collard and turnip greens together along w/ cut up squash yellow or zucchini or butter nut raw and fruit--- apples strawberries grapes blueberries -- they like bright colors like red --- sweet potato as well - but that I cook in mic first --- so its soft -- what bugs are you feeding her? Those still should be dusted w/ the calcium d3 and alternate w/ the vitamins as well - when she starts eating a variety of vegies and has a good diet you wont haft to worry about the calcium so much or the vitamins -- and as long as she has a good UVB going too ----- that is really important to her overall health and eating and pooping --
Karrie

MiraC

Original Poster
I mostly feed her medium size crickets with calcium 5 times a week and multivitamin twice a week. I also offer her dubia roaches twice a month, daily reptiworms and salad on the side. If I’m not at home I leave salad and flukers juvenile buffet blend on her plate.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so her main diet would be bugs --- do not cut back on the bugs---- she needs those up until around a year then her diet will switch to vegies --- its good that shes even eating vegies --- mine wouldnt touch them at that age --- so w/ that being said feed her as many bugs as she will eat in a 10-15 minute time period --- I would switch her out to dubia roaches tho---- they are way more healthy for her than the crickets --- they are easier to keep -- like a 10 gallon aquarium and you can feed them carrots squash their favorite like yellow or zucchini apples strawberries sweet potato --- they dont stink and they dont chirp----- also 1 dubia = 6 crickets--- you can order them on line from Amazon and suppliers offer free shipping --- I just got 200 large for $40 -- in her case she would need small ones--
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is she handling the med size dubias ok? I just read your post! And it sounds like your doing good w / the feeding so.........
Karrie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
My one guy Otto probably didn't touch a vegetable for the 1st 9 months of his life even though many different greens were offered over that time. They need their bugs while they're growing, and after a year, the ratio is supposed to flip from 80%/20% bugs-to-greens to the reverse. However, I don't think Ot read that memo :lol: . He is finally eating more greens than bugs, but boy was it a struggle. I would just make sure you feed the bugs + calcium and ~2x a week vitamin supplement for now, and provide the greens. If she eats them, great, but it doesn't seem to be a deal breaker.

MiraC

Original Poster
She is definitely not eating medium dubia roaches right now. She only eats medium crickets and small dubia roaches.

I noticed that she didn't really like dubia roaches so that's why I switched to crickets but, I will switch her protein intake back to dubia roaches from now on :)

Anyways thank you so much for the help guys!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If she doesnt like the dubias then by all means feed her the crickets---- some are picky mine didnt like the crickets and switched right over to the dubias -- which I was glad --- the crickets were such a pain in the butt!
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom