Baby Beardie on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, I agree, that looks pretty normal to me also!
How is she doing this evening>

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How's she doing ? Has her appetite returned ? And do you still think she has an R.I ? I know that's what they prescribed the Baytril for but was there a real definite diagnosis for it, is she gasping, wheezing or making popping sound while breathing ?

maiba

Original Poster
She’s doing much better today! She’s eaten about 12 crickets so far. I haven’t seen any signs of her RI since we got her home on Thursday, but the vet could not confirm for sure that she had a respiratory infection when we took her in since we didn’t do X-rays. I plan on taking her in for X-rays when I get my next paycheck. I ordered 250 dubias offline that should be coming tomorrow and I’m very excited to see if she’ll eat them :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's excellent to hear that she's still eating relatively well ,considering her previous neglect. :)
How many more shots will you be giving her ? I'd not bother with an Xray as she shows no signs of an R.I. now. You have to be careful with shots , they can develop abscesses + infections at the injection site. So far so good though, you're doing a great job !

maiba

Original Poster
I believe I still have like 6 or 7 shots left to give her. I alternate whichever arm I give her shot in each time. Is there any extra measures I can take to ensure she doesn’t develop any abcesses? She did eat 5 or 6 more crickets a couple hours ago. I would also still like to get X-rays just to verify how bad her mbd truly is and see where her most troubled spots are gonna be. On the bright side I put a little hammock in her cage since she’s been climbing on her hides so much, and she’s been on it ever since I put it in there ?
102367-9185803425.jpg

maiba

Original Poster
If anyone is still following this forum just wanted to do an update. Fiona is eating like a pig! She’s pooping at least once a day and now gets baths about every 3rd day. In about the last week and a half she’s starting walking with her legs fully supporting her body and can run now! Still haven’t had the chance to take her to the vet to get a professional opinion but I have really high hopes for this little lady. You guys are all amazing and I could not have done this without your support :) a big thank you from me a Fiona!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great ! Everything is going really well for her so far. She definitely ended up in the right hands. :) Don't worry about a vet visit now, you are seeing what you need to see that good food, calcium + lights are working wonders for her. Keep up the good work Fiona !

maiba

Original Poster
Fiona has she’s her leg and part of her neck, guess she might not be this tiny the rest of her life :) it’s also looking like she’s going into a full body shed!
102367-6339149326.jpg
Here’s a nice little picture featuring her potbelly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom