Shedding Problem? Worried!

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Shedding Problem? Worried!

Postby chillithebeardie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:37 am

Hi all,

I am a little worried about my 8 month old bearded dragon shedding. She usually sheds quite quickly and hasn't had a problem until her last shed. During her last shed, she needed quite a bit of help with her stick shed on her tail, but I was able to massage it off in the bath. However, how she has been pure white on her head, chin, and belly for about 10 days. It is usually a lot quicker, but these patches have not cracked or started to peel at all. Should I be worried? I've given baths and massages during the baths, and the husbandry has not changed at all. The only thing I can think of is her age maybe impacting the quickness? As I know babies shed a lot more frequently and grow a lot faster.

Thanks so much! [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
chillithebeardie
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Shedding Problem? Worried!

Postby KarrieRee » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:20 am

That is normal -- just let it shed and when it gets so dry and crackly get her in the bath and take a soft tooth brush and brush it--- she will thank you - usually when its that dry it will come right off --
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby chillithebeardie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:12 pm

KarrieRee wrote:That is normal -- just let it shed and when it gets so dry and crackly get her in the bath and take a soft tooth brush and brush it--- she will thank you - usually when its that dry it will come right off --
Karrie

Thank you so much! Was a little worried it was taking too long as its usually quicker. Thanks :D
chillithebeardie
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:34 pm

As they age and grow the shedding will take longer. Especially for full grown adults.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health