Shedding Problem? Worried!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am a little worried about my 8 month old bearded dragon shedding. She usually sheds quite quickly and hasn't had a problem until her last shed. During her last shed, she needed quite a bit of help with her stick shed on her tail, but I was able to massage it off in the bath. However, how she has been pure white on her head, chin, and belly for about 10 days. It is usually a lot quicker, but these patches have not cracked or started to peel at all. Should I be worried? I've given baths and massages during the baths, and the husbandry has not changed at all. The only thing I can think of is her age maybe impacting the quickness? As I know babies shed a lot more frequently and grow a lot faster.

Thanks so much!
102492-6917457902.jpg
102492-1009986471.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is normal -- just let it shed and when it gets so dry and crackly get her in the bath and take a soft tooth brush and brush it--- she will thank you - usually when its that dry it will come right off --
Karrie

chillithebeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":36thkcck said:
That is normal -- just let it shed and when it gets so dry and crackly get her in the bath and take a soft tooth brush and brush it--- she will thank you - usually when its that dry it will come right off --
Karrie

Thank you so much! Was a little worried it was taking too long as its usually quicker. Thanks :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As they age and grow the shedding will take longer. Especially for full grown adults.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom