Liquidy Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is getting to much water, im trying to debate what needs to be cut out of his diet. Every morning he gets a salad made of spinage, butternut squash, bell peppers and 1 black berry (it takes him 2 days to eat his salad).His salad is also lightly misted with water, his calcium powder and vitamins put on top. I only put the calcium and vitamins on his salad because he crickets wont dust. Im not sure how to explain that in a way that would be easy to understand. Next he has a warm bowl of water that i fill up mainly because he likes to bath himself in it once a week. His crickets are also fed a nutritious diet until they are fed to him. He eats anywhere from 20-15 crickets a day. Im trying to figure out what exactly needs to be cut off, i feel so bad that he keeps having watery poops.
Thank you

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have a pic of the poos?
And would you describe the smell as room clearing? Or just a normal poo smell?

Watery poos can be a sign of parasites. How old is your dragon?

-Brandon

Hammie2496

Original Poster
Chroma is 4-5months old and its just his same old poo like always. It does smell a little stronger than normal, it also has bubbles every now and again. Sadly i do not have any pics because i clean as he goes, i dont want fecal matter in his tank for long.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hammie2496":1q23xww6 said:
Sadly i do not have any pics because i clean as he goes, i dont want fecal matter in his tank for long.

Fair enough.

Is the stool well formed, besides the large amount of liquid? What does the urate look like? Pure white? Off white? yellow and hard?

the squash and bellpepers and berries all have quite a bit of water in them. You can at least not mist his salad. In fact, i'd see if cutting out the blackberries completely helps. Berries can have a laxative affect sometimes.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom