Brumating?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsw

Hatchling Member
How can you tell if a dragon is brumating or sick? Buzz has been very active and happy and healthy since the last time I posted, but since Friday he has been asleep in a semi-cave on the hot side. Friday I took him out, and he wandered around the room a bit but immediately went back to his cave when I put him back.

Saturday and Sunday I left him alone and he stayed in his cave all day.

Monday I took him out at 9 a.m. and put him on a stick and gave him a roach. He ate it, basked for 10-15 minutes, went back in his cave. We took him out for his usual noon wander, and he did wander the room but not as energetically as usual. As soon as he went back in his cage, he went in the cave.

Tuesday he has been in his cave all day.

I made a vet appointment for Sunday, earliest I could get. But is he maybe just brumating? How can I tell?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is he? Are you feeding him any greens? Is he eating greens? What about pooping ?
Karrie

Jsw

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2tzw7m9g said:
How old is he? Are you feeding him any greens? Is he eating greens? What about pooping ?
Karrie

He pooped last Wednesday. A REALLY big one with a big very white urate at the end. Ever since he discovered roaches, he won't eat greens willingly, so the vet has me dressing them with blueberry juice, which he likes, and hiding his phoenix worms and roaches in the greens so that he accidentally gets a leaf here and there. And he gave me a gut loading formula that I give the roaches and worms. I also dust the roaches with calcium.

All the lights are exactly the same as when I saw the vet and he said they were good. I haven't moved any furniture around since then either.

He's 6 years old last month.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Well its sounds like hes doing good then - I wouldnt be concerned as long as hes eating and pooping - if he starts to lose weight then I would be but from the way it sounds hes just being lazy
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom