Is this a normal position

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
I know i worry too much. But she often sits like she is in picture below. And she ran through her Viv then stopped in that position, I’m just worried she has a problem with her legs , hips or stomach thanks guys.
100805-6302775419.jpg

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi
Thank You. With her refusing to eat very much I worry she is ill. I guess she eats what she needs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Keep an eye on her weight--- how often is she eating? Or exactly what is she eating?
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Her weight is 490g. She’s 11 months old. She eats 4 large locusts with wings today she had her first silkworm. She won’t touch dubias or veg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Keep offering the vegies --- sometimes you haft to offer a variety of greens - what exactly are you offering ? She should start eating vegies as shes getting more towards a year now -- their main diet for the first year is bugs for the protein and then as they turn a year and older it should switch to vegies mainly and less bugs to once or twice a week ---
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has cabbage,carrot Lollo rocha bok Choy butternut squash. Occasional spinach and kale fruits sparingly like blueberries apple strawberry, do you think I should only feed insects every other day to encourage veg eating or carry on even if it’s just 1 or 2 in the evening ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I would try that -- feed her the vegies in the morning --- first feeding --- but cut back on the bugs--
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok. I will feel very guilty but if it gets her eating the veg has to be done ha ha. Thank You so much for your help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She isnt going to hurt -- she looks like she has quite a bit of weight on her --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom