umm PLEASE READ :)

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

umm PLEASE READ :)

Postby JIMMIA » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:12 pm

okay this is just weird, I know you said can’t house beardies together and I think it’s all in the head when say that but I might be wrong as you all have had beardies longer than me :) so I found a baby blue tongue inside jimmia tank, they were just staring at each other, nothing seemed bother them, they didn’t even hiss or beard at each other :) now I’ve never owned a blue tongue lol, any precautions I should be aware of ? I’ve taken him out and put him in his own tank :) so what should I feed him ? what type of lights he need ? :) [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: umm PLEASE READ :)

Postby CooperDragon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:31 pm

I saw kingofnobbys answered in your other thread with some good info. Very cool that you have this guy! Did he just wander in from the wild? If so maybe he has a home in your yard and it would be better to just give him in/out privileges and treats rather than keeping him captive.
CooperDragon

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:04 am

CooperDragon wrote:I saw kingofnobbys answered in your other thread with some good info. Very cool that you have this guy! Did he just wander in from the wild? If so maybe he has a home in your yard and it would be better to just give him in/out privileges and treats rather than keeping him captive.

That was my thought as well. 😊
Never knew I could get so happy about poop, or so comfortable with bugs. :-D
JumpinJellyfish
Hatchling Poster

Postby Aquilist » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:32 am

Wait, you just found him in your guy's tank?
That's so weird! He's cute, doesn't look very old either. They can get pretty big lol
Giving my grades up for adoption, because I can't raise them myself.
I like lizards
Aquilist
Newbie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:59 am

CooperDragon wrote:I saw kingofnobbys answered in your other thread with some good info. Very cool that you have this guy! Did he just wander in from the wild? If so maybe he has a home in your yard and it would be better to just give him in/out privileges and treats rather than keeping him captive.

If he wants to stay on the right side of the law , even if the skink found it's way into one of his outdoor (?) tanks ( is wild and not sick or injured ) , he should release it . It's likely been living in his yard and came into the tank to raid the food there and take a drink, I'd encourage it to hang around by leaving food for it and some water in a shallow dish.
I wouldn't be telling people on local herping boards (in Australia) , he's likely to get a lot of flack or worse if he decides to keep the skink.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, juvenile Cheakie (M) 21Oct19
Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby JIMMIA » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:02 pm

for your information- I released him I didn’t keep him, I love jimmia more and I know we have had a bigger blue tongue in our back yard / near the mango tree :)
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions