Possible tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadangare

Hi,
First Post on the forum!
This is kada
104083-5474326094.jpg

He/she seems verry happy so far, eating crickets, basking and generally seems to be settling in well.
But ive been noticing its tail is a bit pale and its been getting worse, it went through a shed 2 days ago and I'm unsure if it's related to that or if it's something to worry about. Possible tail rot? The tip does look like there's a bit of a kink. Here's a few photos taken over the last couple of weeks.
104083-2441891725.jpg
104083-7875143429.jpg
And today.
104083-4965664595.jpg
104083-7707266030.jpg
While feeding its been wagging its tail happily as it hunts the crickets. You can also see a small mark on his head in between his eyes that looks like a scab that's been there since I first got him.
Getting a little worried, especially today its looking alot more discoloured. any advice would be greatly appriciated thanks ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Kada's tail looks fine, they often shed in stages and can start shedding different body parts almost as soon as they seem to have finished a previous shed. I can't see the mark on the head, it could be the parietal eye [ aka the third eye ] Is this what you mean seen here on one of my babies ?

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29998/full

If not it could be a small scar from a bite, that can happen as they are kept together as hatchlings.

Kadangare

Original Poster
AHBD":2w2sie0l said:
Hi there, Kada's tail looks fine, they often shed in stages and can start shedding different body parts almost as soon as they seem to have finished a previous shed. I can't see the mark on the head, it could be the parietal eye [ aka the third eye ] Is this what you mean seen here on one of my babies ?

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29998/full

If not it could be a small scar from a bite, that can happen as they are kept together as hatchlings.

Hi, thanks for the tips, I think your right, I didn't realise they shed in stages and I guess I haven't seen any tail shed yet, I'll try get a better photo of the head scar tomorrow, the hachlings were kept about 5 to an enclosure and a couple of the others in another enclosure had toes missing, hence my concern with the tail but I think it's fine, I'll just keep an eye on it. That's one of my favorite facts I tell people about the parietal eye, luckily the scar isn't close to the "third eye" so that's good.
Splashed out and have a New UVB T5 light and a night drop thermo on the way. It came with a silly compact UVB, only the best for Kada.

I'm absoloutely loving being a beardie dad so far and loving my beautiful lil buddy, I want to make its life the best it possibly can be. I'm off work due to an Injury for a bit so getting heaps of time with Kada.

Thanks again for the help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome ! And yes just post a pic of the scar, it's not likely to be any concern though.

Kadangare

Original Poster
Hi, I've taken a couple of pictures of it's head today, looks like a scab thats starting to peel and I'm sure its nothing to worry about but I'd love your opinion.
104083-5920481025.jpg
104083-8314624587.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom