Yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have you tried squash any type --- I hear they like butter nut and it can be fed raw--- also fruit like strawberries blueberries apples bananas etc NO Citrus tho--- also dandelions they will be in season here soon and you can pick those out of your yard as long as its NOT sprayed ---- they love the yellow flowers and the leaves -- NO stems --
Karrie

evaaislinn

Original Poster
Those are good ideas! Thank you for them. He used to like blueberries but now he hates them. Last time I gave him strawberries he got a little sick. I havent tried squash but plan on buying him some butternut squash soon if I can find it. I was going to try yellow squash but it went bad within 3 days of buying it, which was infuriating lol. He also will sometimes eat zucchini and absolutely hates cucumber. He hates endives and mustard greens and usually refuses turnip greens. He is incresibly picky when it comes to veggies, but he eats collard greens and carrots.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok yes he is a picky little bugger! Try some apples or raspberries-- our first beardie only liked Honey Crisp apples she wouldnt eat any other kind --- figures they were the most expensive
Karrie

evaaislinn

Original Poster
Hahaha he really is. I will try those out. I wouldnt be surprised if Ham ends up preferring the expensive kind

evaaislinn

Original Poster
Update on Hamburger: i got him a new UVB light and fixture. I went with the zoomed T18 UVB set up. I also got timer outlets for his and Pudges (my fish) lights. For now, Hams UVA heat light for the day is at 150 watts because he seems to like basking under it, but I switched his night light to a 100 watt ceramic heat emitter (I could only find Flukers brand hut it is highly rated). I took his big log out so now he can not climb up as high (where it would sometimes reach 120-130°), and the smaller log thats still in there will sit around 110°F. He seems to both be sleeping better and within a day is way more active. I've had the night time set up changed for a few days now so I've been able to monitor that for longer than the UVB set up. I just got the new UVB system last night. He seems much happier but he isnt feeling too well befause he ate his poop again. Usually I will pull it out as soon as he uses the bathroom but I did not catch it in time. For whatever reason, he really loves eating poop. I give him so much variety with greens and bugs and give him as much as he will eat (he stops eating when he's full so i dont have to worry about over feeding him). Today he actually got up almost immediately. Usually he will nap all day. Thank you all for the tips and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom