Beardie won't eat and is VERY skinny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok -- I think you need to go w/ Tracie or ahbds advice--- pellets ? There is way better stuff out there than pellets and I would think easier to feed-- the critical care is a pain because it plugs syringe but if you cut the end off making it wider-- which is what we have done--- good grief I hope they respond to you soon
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would stick with baby food feedings, or possibly critical care. I don't think pellets would be
any better than any of the other options.
You would really have to soak the pellets awhile to soften them up in order to get them to
mix up with food you were going to syringe.
The vet said that he had a gas bubble?

Tracie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, a massive one. I don’t know how to treat it. He ran away but he would have gotten an enema.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She didn't suggest pellets- I asked her if those were okay instead of guinea pig food. She said I should blend greens and bugs and syringe feed those but also the pellets. I am going with her advice. She is a good vet. Trust me. Also, she is this clinic's only exotics doctor and she doesn't have that many resources right now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I haven't ever used guinea pig food, but you would need to check the label to make sure it
wasn't too high in protein & was appropriate for your dragon. How is he doing today?
Blending bugs & greens with softened, mushed up pellets sounds acceptable to me & it
should be nutritious also.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He hasn’t eaten well at all. He only ate 3 worms since the vet and a couple pieces of mustard greens.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Are you not feeding him the stuff the vet advised you to feed?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What food do you have in the house- I would go to the store get some mustard greens collard greens or turnip greens blend in a blender -- why have you not gotten and type of food to feed him?
Karrie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is eating everyday and pooping every other day to everyday. He only will eat superworms but also eats and eats the greens left in his bowl. (Arugula and mustard greens). I soak him every other day to everyday and give him water by dripping it on his nose. We will probably move him into the 40 gallon tomorrow.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How old is your beardie again? If he is a baby I would lay off the super worms-- have you tried dubia roaches? It's good he's eating the greens glad to hear that - have you tried fruit like apples strawberries blueberries raspberries-- maybe some banana- carrots shredded-- green beans-- super worms are really hard on babies digestion systems-- but I am glad he is eating-- feed him as many vegies he will eat-- and if he's a baby he needs bugs dusted w/ calcium powder- vitamins too--
Karrie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is 6 months old. The only bug he will eat is supers and he eats them every day. He never accepts dubias. I need to start giving more calcium and vitamins but otherwise he seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom