Beardie won't eat and is VERY skinny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also, this started happening after he got this light. He didn't have nearly as much UVB before this so I doubt that is the problem but we are getting a new tank soon so I will wait to fix the light. Also his hammock is high enough where he could climb out if it was open for long enough.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok - well it won't hurt to try-- and yeah we don't want him escaping-- I was wondering about that
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I think you need to PM TracieDrache613 and AHBD --- I am afraid hes going to die --- not trying to scare you but he really needs to eat something and supers are too hard on them --- they are mainly for older dragons --- there is some food called Repshy or Critical care you can feed him --- but please PM and tell them its urgent that you start getting food in him its been way too long for him not to be eating--
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Eating the superworms would be better than not eating anything at all. If you can see if they have any that are notfull grown. As long as your temperatures are fine he shouldn't have too much of an issue with digesting them. But I wouldn't let him gorge on them. Try to put a carrot or potato in with the superworms too for an hour or two before you offer them. This will help add some nutrients.

I would be cautious about moving him to a bigger tank. It could trigger relocation stress and he doesn't need any more stress right now.

Does he usually lay up there on that hammock to bask? Seems pretty close to the lamp. Is it hard for him to get up there?
What is the temperature on his hammock? Specifically the surface temp, not the temp of the surrounding air.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Have you gotten him any closer to the UVB-- ? If the UVB is still being blocked by the screen or if its too far away your going to have eating problems- they need the rays to absorb the nutrients from the food- have you PM'd Tracie or AHBD?
Karrie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2dblpkus said:
Have you gotten him any closer to the UVB-- ? If the UVB is still being blocked by the screen or if its too far away your going to have eating problems- they need the rays to absorb the nutrients from the food- have you PM'd Tracie or AHBD?
Karrie
Pm’d Tracie. He is really close to the UVB at his basking spot.

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She said she would view this thread. I took him to the vet today and got an X-ray. He has a giant gas bubble in his stomach. He is also very dehydrated and he needs to soak daily.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Did the vet say anything else-- ? What about feeding him? Did they put him on critical care or give you any advice to feed him?
Karrie

Kaelwizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":mkwg71lk said:
Did the vet say anything else-- ? What about feeding him? Did they put him on critical care or give you any advice to feed him?
Karrie
They want me to wet down pellets enough to syringe feed him with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom