It's TOMBO Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of waiting I have finally gotten another dragon. Here is Tombo!
full

He was hatched 1/27/2019

I got him on March 13, 2019. So he's on day 4 with us. He's still suffering a bit of relocation stress but it's only really affecting his eating (which is improving day by day).
He also went through a full back shed just a few days ago so he's been having it rough this week.

Anyways, this will be Tombos thread that I will hopefully be keeping updated pretty regularly so that I have a nice history to look back on with him!

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
That enclosure is looking amazing. It'll be cool to see more stuff added. I bet Tombo will love it in the long term.

I watched a video recently that talked about the high quality of memory herps have. It made me think that could part of relocation and newness stress, because they remember the before and know it's new. That also means Tombo will remember all the changes you have made, knowing you gave him all this stuff. It made me feel a little emotional and sappy to think about

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
He is soooo handsome! Love all the pics. Guy has a little personality already, doesn't he? That enclosure looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing more Tombo pics in the future!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":3nis6ty3 said:
That enclosure is looking amazing. It'll be cool to see more stuff added. I bet Tombo will love it in the long term.

I watched a video recently that talked about the high quality of memory herps have. It made me think that could part of relocation and newness stress, because they remember the before and know it's new. That also means Tombo will remember all the changes you have made, knowing you gave him all this stuff. It made me feel a little emotional and sappy to think about

Haha well thanks! I've always felt that dragons end up growing into some sort of connection with their owners. I think it really shows with some people and their dragons.

vrenee1018":3nis6ty3 said:
He is soooo handsome! Love all the pics. Guy has a little personality already, doesn't he? That enclosure looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing more Tombo pics in the future!
Thanks! There will be lots more pictures coming :mrgreen:

Gormagon":3nis6ty3 said:
I love the new digs. His parents are beautiful and, he is quite handsome as well.
Thank you. IMO his dad is a real stunner haha.
It's what originally drew me to this breeder.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
full

I'd like to imagine that the look he's giving me is attitude because he wants some attention, but realistically, he is still pretty skittish around me. But we are working on it more now that his appetite is back full force.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Just showing off Tombo's colors so far. Just over two months old now.

31715-3564097891.jpg
I like how his gray bars go further down past his side spikes. Interesting to see if that stays with him into adulthood.

31715-2209891882.jpg
31715-4066311531.jpg
31715-9293967010.jpg

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
43g today. Up from 39g last week.

Still hasn't shed his back yet, his arms and legs finished today though.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
It's funny, I've held Moro before and she's made her way into Tombos tank, she was very inquisitive. Of course I was right there just in case, and I didn't let her go in very far, but she walked almost right up to Tombo the whole while Tombo is puffing out his beard trying to act tough.

Well today, I had Tombo out and Moro was in her tank. Tombo leaps at the tank and starts dancing trying to get in. And what does sweet inquisitive Moro do? She puffs out her beard at Tombo.
It's just funny to me that they are both just so protective of their own spaces haha.

"It's ok to go explore someone elses space, but you darn well better not explore mine!" - Tombo and Moro apparently.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Tombo finished up his shed yesterday.

Here he is back at the window.
31715-858584270.jpg
I really love how the grey it sticking around underneath his side spikes.

And this is what he thinks about a rough day of shedding...
31715-6443503867.jpg

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom