Is Rocket An ok size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
So Back in October I was gifted with a Baby Beardie, and So far he seems to be doing excellent, BUT, I'm seriously concerned about his size... Last I Measured he was 12" and he is around 7 months old(I think)? I don't have a recent weight record but I feel that he is extremely tiny for his age since I am always seeing posts about Like 4-5 month old beardies being almost adult size.

Am I doing something wrong??? He is always active and eager to eat, he eats 2x a day with around 15 bugs and calcium and he's got a good uvb, is he just tiny? Will he grow soon? Or am I just being overly paranoid? :( View media item 60555View media item 60733View media item 61115View media item 60793
Thank Y'all in advance! <3

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Rocket is a nice looking dragon, beautiful colors + healthy looking. :) He's a bit on the small side but not terribly so and can still attain a good size. Does he eat 15 bugs twice a day or is that for both feedings ? Would he eat more or that's all he wants ? If he'll eat more then keep feeding him.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
All dragons have individual growth rates. He may hit a growth spurt at any time.
He sure is pretty though.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
AHBD":3sfgk9f3 said:
Hi there, Rocket is a nice looking dragon, beautiful colors + healthy looking. :) He's a bit on the small side but not terribly so and can still attain a good size. Does he eat 15 bugs twice a day or is that for both feedings ? Would he eat more or that's all he wants ? If he'll eat more then keep feeding him.
That's good to hear, Yeah normally with both feedings he'll stop eating his hugs after 15-20. Sometimes more but normally that's when He'll stop.
Gormagon":3sfgk9f3 said:
All dragons have individual growth rates. He may hit a growth spurt at any time.
He sure is pretty though.
Ah, That makes sense, he was getting ready to shed on his arms and tail earlier, and yeah I just love his patterns and colors :D

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
lol Yes he is. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
He looks fine to me and like he has some mischief in him ( bet he keeps you amused with his antics and quirks).

Just for your comparison :

14 weeks old bodyweight
Peppa 82.8g
Toothless 66.5g
Rex 77.5g
Puff 65.7g

4 months old bodyweight
Peppa 119.5g
Toothless 91.1g

18 weeks old bodyweight
Rex 128.1g
Puff 105.2g

5 months old bodyweight
Peppa 191g
Toothless 137.1g
Rex 148.3g
Puff 129.8g

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yes he's definitely always into mischief, and Thank you for that, I'll weigh him as soon as I can. :)

Peach

Hatchling Member
At 4 months, Bleu was 12 inches too. He's now 11 months and almost 20 inches and and just at 300 grams. He had a big growth spurt around the 7-month mark.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Peach":2vqqnw6m said:
At 4 months, Bleu was 12 inches too. He's now 11 months and almost 20 inches and and just at 300 grams. He had a big growth spurt around the 7-month mark.
That's good to hear, Hopefully Rocket Will do the same. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
He's now a year and 3 months old, 230 grams, and 20" long. Yet he's still not at complete Beardie size... he's still rather small. Is he just going to stay small? Or will he start becoming like Loki's size? It doesn't bother him too much, but literally every other 1 year old dragon is like twice his size. He's big, but he's just long and slender? What might I be doing wrong??

View media item 61009View media item 60760View media item 60638I'll try and get a safe comparison photo of him in a bit.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably just hasn't grown into his body yet (think lanky teenager). He may stay slim as an adult which is good, but I'd expect him to gradually add on weight over the next several months.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok, I hope so. :) Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom