Update on Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":33tx202b said:
Is this pampered guy dictating that you not pick him up yet or did I misunderstand ?
Yes, you are correct but, he is SLOOOOWLY coming around, LOL!!! I did actually pick him up for just a few seconds today but, my efforts were futile, LOL!!!

Later He was laying on his log and, I picked up his tail and, took a quick peek.....he wasn't happy...who'da known, lol!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh , good job getting in the sneak peek ! But you really need to handle him, the sooner the better. Maybe you were following that misinformation about not handling them for a week or 2 as a baby [ which is not true, sad that it's getting passed around ] So now he's a bit of a bossy pants. But you just pick this guy right up....gloves + long sleeves if needed ....and hold him to your chest while near his tank, you can sit down of course. All done, calmly + gently. Hold him for 10 minutes a day, after a few days walk around while holding him to your body. This usually calms them right down as they are a bit shocked but realize no harm is being done.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":1v5r4j5q said:
Oh , good job getting in the sneak peek ! But you really need to handle him, the sooner the better. Maybe you were following that misinformation about not handling them for a week or 2 as a baby [ which is not true, sad that it's getting passed around ] So now he's a bit of a bossy pants. But you just pick this guy right up....gloves + long sleeves if needed ....and hold him to your chest while near his tank, you can sit down of course. All done, calmly + gently. Hold him for 10 minutes a day, after a few days walk around while holding him to your body. This usually calms them right down as they are a bit shocked but realize no harm is being done.
Hey, that sounds like a plan....hmmm, I wonder what he's gonna think about that, LOL?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
After a while he'll realize that it can lead to a new adventure. :) But yeah, just think of a kid who doesn't want to go to his first day of school, sometimes you just have to be very firm although still gentle + showing support.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Well, I just got back from the ER got some stitches and, pain meds after sewing my index finger back on, LOL!!!
J/K

Went as expected.... he wasn't happy, LOL!!! We'll try again tomorrow!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did you get him out at all ? What happened ? Don't let him determine the handling, you have to do this before he becomes an adult. Don't worry if he's not happy, just pick him right up + hold him firmly on your chest. He'll get used to it. :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":15jysy0k said:
Did you get him out at all ? What happened ? Don't let him determine the handling, you have to do this before he becomes an adult. Don't worry if he's not happy, just pick him right up + hold him firmly on your chest. He'll get used to it. :)
Ya, I got him out for a bit!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good, just stick to it and he'll get used to it after a while. Before you know it you'll have him sitting on your lap. :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":1fczp02h said:
That's good, just stick to it and he'll get used to it after a while. Before you know it you'll have him sitting on your lap. :)
Ya, I know but, it is something I'm not used to, He'll come round.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I had a family emergency yesterday and, didn't get home till after lights out.
Today when I got home I took him out again. Well, It went a little better "Hey,did you know that dragon can cuss?", me neither!!! Held him loosely once he settled down,(though it only lasted for a minute or 2), it didn't last as long as I wanted it to but, it lasted longer than he wanted, LOL!!!

We will try again tomorrow!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great, just keep it up and stay calm + slow with the whole process. :) Hope the family emergency was not too serious !

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":16obagbg said:
That's great, just keep it up and stay calm + slow with the whole process. :) Hope the family emergency was not too serious !
Ya, it will take some time but, if nothing else....I'm patient!!! I am also used to being cussed at, LOL!!!!
Well, It involved my little brother and, a trip to an intensive care unit.We think he'll be ok...we think!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom