Update on Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":33tx202b said:
Is this pampered guy dictating that you not pick him up yet or did I misunderstand ?
Yes, you are correct but, he is SLOOOOWLY coming around, LOL!!! I did actually pick him up for just a few seconds today but, my efforts were futile, LOL!!!

Later He was laying on his log and, I picked up his tail and, took a quick peek.....he wasn't happy...who'da known, lol!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh , good job getting in the sneak peek ! But you really need to handle him, the sooner the better. Maybe you were following that misinformation about not handling them for a week or 2 as a baby [ which is not true, sad that it's getting passed around ] So now he's a bit of a bossy pants. But you just pick this guy right up....gloves + long sleeves if needed ....and hold him to your chest while near his tank, you can sit down of course. All done, calmly + gently. Hold him for 10 minutes a day, after a few days walk around while holding him to your body. This usually calms them right down as they are a bit shocked but realize no harm is being done.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":1v5r4j5q said:
Oh , good job getting in the sneak peek ! But you really need to handle him, the sooner the better. Maybe you were following that misinformation about not handling them for a week or 2 as a baby [ which is not true, sad that it's getting passed around ] So now he's a bit of a bossy pants. But you just pick this guy right up....gloves + long sleeves if needed ....and hold him to your chest while near his tank, you can sit down of course. All done, calmly + gently. Hold him for 10 minutes a day, after a few days walk around while holding him to your body. This usually calms them right down as they are a bit shocked but realize no harm is being done.
Hey, that sounds like a plan....hmmm, I wonder what he's gonna think about that, LOL?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
After a while he'll realize that it can lead to a new adventure. :) But yeah, just think of a kid who doesn't want to go to his first day of school, sometimes you just have to be very firm although still gentle + showing support.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Well, I just got back from the ER got some stitches and, pain meds after sewing my index finger back on, LOL!!!
J/K

Went as expected.... he wasn't happy, LOL!!! We'll try again tomorrow!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did you get him out at all ? What happened ? Don't let him determine the handling, you have to do this before he becomes an adult. Don't worry if he's not happy, just pick him right up + hold him firmly on your chest. He'll get used to it. :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":15jysy0k said:
Did you get him out at all ? What happened ? Don't let him determine the handling, you have to do this before he becomes an adult. Don't worry if he's not happy, just pick him right up + hold him firmly on your chest. He'll get used to it. :)
Ya, I got him out for a bit!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good, just stick to it and he'll get used to it after a while. Before you know it you'll have him sitting on your lap. :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":1fczp02h said:
That's good, just stick to it and he'll get used to it after a while. Before you know it you'll have him sitting on your lap. :)
Ya, I know but, it is something I'm not used to, He'll come round.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I had a family emergency yesterday and, didn't get home till after lights out.
Today when I got home I took him out again. Well, It went a little better "Hey,did you know that dragon can cuss?", me neither!!! Held him loosely once he settled down,(though it only lasted for a minute or 2), it didn't last as long as I wanted it to but, it lasted longer than he wanted, LOL!!!

We will try again tomorrow!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great, just keep it up and stay calm + slow with the whole process. :) Hope the family emergency was not too serious !

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AHBD":16obagbg said:
That's great, just keep it up and stay calm + slow with the whole process. :) Hope the family emergency was not too serious !
Ya, it will take some time but, if nothing else....I'm patient!!! I am also used to being cussed at, LOL!!!!
Well, It involved my little brother and, a trip to an intensive care unit.We think he'll be ok...we think!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom